Crown Princess Cruise Review

Crown Princess Cruise Review by NeedVacay

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I selected this cruise because of the good itinerary. I enjoyed all destinations. My problem was with the Crown Princess ship and services. The food was the worst I’ve experienced on any cruise. Everything is very controlled. Only option for beverage in cafeteria for self serve is water or ice tea. There is a sign stating you can request lemonade from a server. And then you stand there and wait while they run in back. No juice dispensers as I’ve experienced on other cruises and not offered at breakfast. Only coffee is suggested.

Ship is very dated with limited amenities. Ship very run down especially Furniture and balcony and pool deck chairs. Very uncomfortable. The spa never returned my requests. Staff doesn’t know where anything is. I never had one server on pool deck ask if I wanted a beverage. I guess now they assume you will just go up to the bar and wait in line. Food in anytime dining was disappointing. Everything served barely warm in temperature and lack of flavor. No salt on anything. Mostly the same food ingredients just repurposed and made a different way. All the best seating is reserved for Elite passengers even if no one shows up to sit at the table.

NeedVacay's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

My cabin steward was very pleasant and attentive. New bedding. Cabin very dated. Horrible old balcony chairs. We had a larger 9x9 balcony so we were so disappointed we had these worn out uncomfortable chairs. Couldn’t get chaises when requested. What a waste.

Princess Cays

Beautiful beach. Chairs stacked to close together. Did not see any water activities as with other cruise lines Bahamas location. We heard there was food served on the island but not sure. When you got off the boat they directed us to the left but heard later that on the right side there was food. Poor communication

St. Thomas

Excursion was booked up. The port was different from my previous cruise. Liked that one better. Shops ok other than one jewelry store after another. Very pushy. One guy blocked us from passing by on sidewalk trying to force us to walk into the store. Not enough time to do both shopping and taking distant taxi ride to a beach.

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

Princess beach excursion was booked. We took a separate group taxi ride to carambola beach. Nice newer restaurant and bar. We had beach chairs with umbrella and enjoyed the beautiful view.

St. Lucia

Heavy rain that day. Visited the shops by the port. All selling the same stuff and very over priced. The port waterway is beautiful

Beach

Very good rating because of the beautiful beach with white sand and clear aqua colored water. My favorite of this trip. I did not care for the beach shack type restaurant

This beach was my second favorite of this trip. The water and white sand were beautiful. The beach had a bit of a shelf when going in the water with a drop. Stronger current so was more difficult getting in and out but still so refreshing. Absolutely did not care for this beach shack restaurant.

View All undefined undefined Reviews