3. Star Princess
I traveled with a group of ten people to the Hawaiian islands on my first ever cruise. I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but I know for certain that I've been spoiled for any other type of travel. Cruising with Princess is truly the definition of royal treatment. The attention to detail was unlike anything I've ever experienced, from simple details in the stateroom to the above-and-beyond treatment we received from the dining room waitstaff (which, with such a large group, does not go unnoticed). The staff and crew were welcoming and well-informed from day 1 to our disembarkation. There was something for everyone in our group. Singing, dancing, shows, trivia, spa treatments, eating, shopping, tours, sitting quietly with a book. All of the entertainment was top-notch, the game shows were memorable, and the activities always got us laughing. We were well-prepared during our stay thanks to the information and printouts Princess provided. I especially appreciated their own miniature version of a morning talk show, the Wake Show. It was a fun way to start the day. I expected a 15 day vacation with my entire family to push me to exhaustion, but that wasn't the case. It was actually bittersweet to leave because we'd met some wonderful people and made friends with some of the crew and staff. It sounds corny, but Princess really does live up to their motto "come back new".

Truly the Royal Treatment on Princess Cruises

Star Princess Cruise Review by Elizabeth D. K.

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Elizabeth D. K.’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC
I expected a small, windowless room that was to be shared between two ladies to feel a bit cramped, but there wasn't any reason to worry. The room was well-lit and had plenty of storage and space for our things. We felt right at home and totally pampered thanks to the excellent room service and attention to detail.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Blowhole Walking Tour
    A shuttle from the dock took us to the bus depot. We decided to visit La Bufadora and the local markets. We didn't expect much, but our tour guide, Juanita, did a wonderful job informing us of the local culture, history, and tour opportunities. She guided us through the market and highlighted the best places to shop. We had an amazing time and then had the BEST shimp chile rellenos at Lidia's Taco Grill.
    View All 73 Blowhole Walking Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    The Hoppa On, Hoppa Off bus was a fun way to see Hilo and learn more about the island. The guides were informative and made sure we had a good time.
    View All 31 Island Tour Reviews
  • Luau
    Getting to go to Germaine's Luau was a wonderful way to end our day in Honolulu. Our driver, Cousin Greg, gave us lots of information about how to enjoy our evening to the fullest. The location was surreal, the food was amazing, and the entertainment was unforgettable.
  • Kauai Plantation Railway
    Our bus tour dropped us off at the Kauai Plantation Railway, and it was honestly the best part of our day in Kauai. The train ride was entertaining and informative and they had the best gift shops! We wish we'd been able to stay for a meal.
    View All 28 Kauai Plantation Railway Reviews
  • Los Angeles
    We boarded in Los Angeles. It was very easy to find our way and we felt genuinely welcomed by everyone we met.
    View All 529 Los Angeles Cruise Port Reviews