3. Pride of America
We chose this cruise because it seemed like the best way to see the islands. Dealing with Norwegian is a nightmare. Booking through them was a problem from day one. My account was “migrating” for over a month during which time I got no help from the representatives and my account information was incorrect. We booked our flight through them and was told we would know 75 days out our flight information. That was not true. We found out closer to 30 days out. Then the night before our 6:30 am flight we got a notification from the airline that our flight was cancelled. We got no assistance from the airline or Norwegian on getting another flight. Once on the cruise we talked to customer service about getting reimbursed for our plane ticket. We were told we needed to contact the airline and that we could file a claim with Norwegian. We did both. The airline refunded Norwegian for that leg of our trip back in September. Norwegian responded to our claim and told us they would be reimbursing the cost they had charged us for flights. Well, this cruise was the end of August and here we are at Thanksgiving and still no reimbursement. When we try to call customer service we get a recording that states to get on the website and file a claim and then it disconnects. All this hassle took away from any positives about the trip. No matter what I liked about the ship It will not outweigh the fact I have not been paid back. I will never cruise with them again. I rated service as terrible because of the customer service. Service on the ship was average. The cruise ship was nice enough, nothing fancy but very clean with good food and good service. We did not care too much about the entertainment, since we spent so much time off the ship. Getting on and off the ship was very easy. We had a balcony room, it was small but had lots of hidden storage. It suited us just fine, having the baclony was worth it. We enjoyed room service for breakfast every morning. Very good, in fact all the food was very good. The main dining room was the best, better than the specialty dining options.

Hawaii was amazing but would not recommend any Norwegian cruise

Pride of America Cruise Review by Robinsusan

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
Robinsusan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

• Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
    Big bus, driver/guide talked a lot, he gave us a nice tour of the park, but the main stop at the visitor center was rushed, we needed more time, but then we had an extra 30 minutes so we stopped at an orchid shop- nice, but 10 minutes to look at the orchids would have been plenty.
    View All 138 Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    This excursion started out a little rough. They had only expected 4 people because the cruise ship forgot to update them to a lot of last minute bookings- including ours. But the 3 guides made this one of the most enjoyable excursions I have ever taken.
    View All 16 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Kailua Village
    Fun luau. If you have never gone to a luau this is a must see. If you have use the time to see more of the island. There was so much to do on this island, it was so hard to chose.
    View All 3 Kailua Village Reviews
  • Hiking
    Waterfall hike- best excursion on the whole trip, small group, amazing guide, beautiful falls. Lunch provided was amazing as well. The guide made this the best, she took her time and explained so much of the vegetation. She also took pictures for us at every fall.