3. Grand Princess
We loved sailing out of San Francisco. Since we live in the area it was especially easy to embark. Speaking of embarkation, Princess makes this so pleasant and easy. We were in our cabin within 20-30 minutes upon arrival to the port. It was very cold. If you’re taking this cruise make sure to bring a coat or jacket as it’s fun to be on top deck sailing under the Golden Gate. Also, it’s a good idea to bring long pants and long sleeve shirts because it’s cold until you arrive in Puerto Vallarta. Our cabin: We opted for a mini-suite because we like the extra room. Our cabin had ample room and closet space. Our empty suitcases slid under our bed with ease. Our bed was incredibly comfortable! Our cabin steward, Sol, was very attentive (a little too attentive the first day, lol). A couple of negatives. One, bring your own hairdryer. The one on the ship is very weak. Two, the cabins don’t have enough electrical outlets. I knew this ahead of time so always bring a “non-surge protector” power strip. You can only plug this in at the desk. If you bring surge protected they will confiscate. See Amazon for sample. https://www.amazon.com/DEWENWILS-3-Outlet-Desktop-Charging-Extension/dp/B072L24KTW/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=Power+strip+non+surge+protector&qid=1574362959&sr=8-7 The food: I honestly don’t know why there are so many negative reviews. I thought the food was good. The food in the Horizon Court buffet has so many options. Yes, there are a few duds. But if there’s something you don’t like get something else. The buffet was always busy but we always found a table. Regarding the Dining Room meals, generally they are quite good. Are they 5 star restaurant level? No. However, they are quite accommodating. If you order something you don’t like, they will be happy to bring you something else. You can also order multiple items like two different appetizers and salad and soup. We decided to splurge a little and went to the Crown Grill twice. Those meals were excellent and worth the $29 upgrade! If you decide to go to go to a specialty restaurant make sure you make a reservation in advance because they fill up fast. Our favorite excursion was in Puerto Vallarta. We did the Las Caletas private beach getaway. They take you to a private beach. We saw whales on the way there and from the beach. You can order drinks from your spot on the beach. They also prepare a delicious lunch buffet. You can snorkel or swim. The staff on the boat back to ship provide hilarious entertainment. Since this voyage has a few sea days we visited the gym a few times which was pretty good. We had to wait for a treadmill because they were pretty busy and they only had six or seven. The ship has a promenade deck on level 7 which goes almost completely around. I say almost because at one end there are stairs and I don’t do stairs very well. Anyway, we enjoyed just walking Deck 7. My husband and I felt pampered by Princess and signed up for a future cruise before disembarking.

We Will Be Back! Grand Princess 2-11-19 Mexican Rivera