3. MSC Seaside
My sister-in-law and I took this cruise together. We wanted a cruise out of Florida and didn’t want to spend too much so decided to try MSC. She has only done 1 previous cruise on Carnival and I’ve done a mix of companies my favourite being Celebrity. Embarkation was easy and fast. I believe we were on the ship by 11:30. But, one thing that speeds it up is you have to register your card and buy your wristband at separate areas on the ship. I personally would rather get everything done at once and be done with it. But it wasn’t bad. We just waited until later in the day to do it. Bar service was not great at most of the bars. And the drinks made in some cases were awful and not consistent. Some exceptions were the chocolate bar and the bar outside of the specialty restaurants. We had upgraded to the old deluxe package and it included everything we asked for. Never had one charge. Food in the dining room was just ok. We never had anything that was outstanding. Desserts weren’t worth the calories. Service was great. Food in the buffet was fine. The selection was poor. The pizza was awesome. And the drink servers in here were also very good. We found the entertainment to be lacking. Or just not to our tastes. There is a ton of deck space in the sun or the shade. We were in the habit of laying in the sun in the morning by the pool and then moving to deck 8 to lay in the shade in the afternoon. There was always loungers available. Be careful of the pool. The salt water burned my eyes. We had an inside fantastica cabin. It was plenty big enough for the 2 of us. Wifi worked great. Sometimes we had issues in the cabin but that’s to be expected. The private island Ocean Cay was cancelled. I am annoyed that they clearly knew this before we boarded but didn’t let us know what port we were doing instead. This would help people prepare their day. I believe this turned a lot of people off. While changes should always be expected I feel it could have been handled better. Disembarkation was late for us at 10:15 but we weren’t in a hurry so it was no big deal. And it moved fast. Overall we had a great time. But I can’t see me taking another MSC cruise in the near future. There’s too many other cruise lines that I enjoyed more.

Just ok.

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by paulajj

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Fantastica Inside Stateroom

We found the entertainment to be lacking. Or just not to our tastes.

Be careful of the pool. The salt water burned my eyes.

We had an inside fantastica cabin. It was plenty big enough for the 2 of us.

paulajj’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Fantastica Inside Stateroom
Cabin I2
We had one of the large square inside cabins. It was a great size. The bathroom smelled musty/moldy
Venice Beach Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins