3. Carnival Splendor
This was a fantastic package deal for Australian cruises! Embarkation was an absolute disaster standing in the sun for well over 2 and a half hours with no shade or water or explanation given. The first point of contact was from a carnival employee in tears as we entered the igloo building As it was so late, there was no embarkation photographers to be found which was disappointing. Our cabin was on Deck 2 ( 2441) we loved this cabin plenty of room, well set out very close to the lifts. We had early dining which I am undecided about 5 30pm is a little early and I feel we missed a lot of the sail away's because of this. Dining was a little hit and miss with food sometimes cold. The staff were fantastic from cabin attendants to wait staff, in the dining room they were only too happy to help. We went to the buffet a few times, we much preferred the dining room for breakfast and lunch. It seems if you are disabled in anyway you are seated before anyone else so our tip is to carry a walking stick like a lot of our fellow cruises did! All the ports, we did our own thing and had a great time, disembarking in Guam was another disaster, sending way too many people off the ship at the same time with people pushing in, was not fun and needed to be handled better from Carnival. We were led to believe police had to be called. We hated the smoking in the casino, the comedy shows were great I think they had over 70 comedy shows on this cruise. Production shows were good. Some of the headline acts were a bit hit and miss. Overall I think Carnival did a good job for the most part, they were behind the eight ball from the start with many many unhappy cruises who were left out in the heat for so long at the start of this long cruise.

Loved this cruise but it had its hiccups

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by 19AUSSIES

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Transpacific
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

19AUSSIES’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Splendor price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B
I would recommend this cabin, very close to aft lifts, so one deck up to dining or up to level 9 to the buffet and aft adults pool area. I thought we would be just above sea level but it is about 4 stories up. Shower curtain in the bathroom but was plenty of room. Joselito and Tito were great cabin attendants. Interesting to see the windows cleaned every few days.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins