Beethoven Cruise Review

Pleasantly surprised

Beethoven Cruise Review by pinkytab

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: Europe River

I have been wanting to cruise the Danube and Rhine rivers so when this reasonably priced 9 day CroisiEurope cruise came up I booked it for me and my husband. This cruise line is not one of the more popular ones so I did not know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised to find a spacious and very clean cabin on the main deck. The window was so wide offering panoramic views of the passing river banks and villages. There was plenty of storage so you can stow your luggage under the bed. Breakfast was buffet and it was pretty much the same thing everyday but substantial enough. Lunch and dinner were sit down meals. On the first day we were asked to choose if we wanted to sit in 4 seater, 6 seater or 8 seater tables for all the lunches and dinners. We sat with 2 other couples who thankfully spoke English. The menu was published a day before. I would rate the meals an 8 out of a perfect 10 although lunches and dinners took quite a while since there were not that many wait staff.

The professional tour guides who were hired to conduct the shore excursions were excellent! They provided a lot of interesting facts and anecdotes. However, the cruise hosts who conducted the town tours were not as accommodating to the non French speaking groups, preferring to speak in French only.

There were 150 passengers (mostly seniors), 75 % were French speaking from France and Canada, 15% were from Spain and 10% were from the UK, Australia and America. There were some games at the parlor but nothing else much to do.

I want to give a shout out to the dining room staff (Flora, Akos, Gabor and their manager) who went out of their way to get me the sweet wine that they normally do not have on their wine list. Another pleasant surprise!

Would I go again? Without a doubt - yes!

pinkytab's Full Rating Summary