Nieuw Statendam Cruise Review by dayaway
- Sail Date: November 2019
- Destination: Eastern Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Verandah Stateroom
1. Stateroom was perfectly sized for the two of us and the large screen TV with multiple TV chanels and many Movies to choose from. Bathroom shower was large and had a glass door instead of the plastic curtain. Water temperature at sink and shower easy to adjust and keeps the temperature stable. Our cabin stewards Jay and Juli were awesome!!
2. We loved the Lincoln Center Stage with multiple daily classical music performances. My wife loves the Test Kitchen which had 3 sessions on this 7 day cruise. We enjoyed the singers, Magician, and comedians in the main theater/showroom. The artwork placed thruought the ship is fantastic. We browsed the entire ship looking at all the art work.
3. We enjoyed the main dining room for 2 evening dinners and the Lido buffet for the rest of our evening meals. The buffet utilizes cluster stations instead of a single cafeteria line like many other ships we have sailed. There were so many options for food from different lands I had a hamburger and fries at the pool side Hamburger place and it was delicious and fries done perfect. There is an ice cream station that serves real ice cream and soft serve and one night he was making Crepes Suzzette.
This ship beat out the 2 Celebrity ships we have sailed and Nieuw Statendam is our new favorite!
One disapointing thing was Casino. Not near enough slot machines for passenger load.
- Read more Holland America Nieuw Statendam Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Holland America Nieuw Statendam Review
250,000+ people have entered their email
This cabin is on the Sun Deck (deck 11) and our door was right next to the door leading out to the jogging track and underneath deck 12 Cabana area. A few nights I could hear maintenace people cleaning the Cabana's and it sounded like they were wearing tap shoes. This woke me up one night but I think I would ask for this cabin again because I like the location.
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)We stayed in the port shops and pool area. Bought some souvenirs and had drinks and food at the bar/restaurant next to the pool. Everything in Amber Cove is clean and pleasing to the eyes.View All 729 Amber Cove (Puerto Plata) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Amber Cove (Puerto Plata) Cruise Port Review
Half Moon CayTendered to shore, walked around island, then bought souvenirs, then returned to the ship.View All 1,200 Half Moon Cay Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Half Moon Cay Cruise Port Review
San JuanWalked up to El Morro fort and then walked down through Old San Juan historic area with cobblestone streets and many nice museums, monuments, shops, bars, and restaurants.View All 3,805 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
We ate at Punta de Vista rooftop restaurant/bar located in the Hotel Milano on Calle Fortaleza street. The drinks were BOGO and the Mofongo and Empanadas were good. We ate inside with the air conditioning. The outdoor rooftop table would be great in the evening when its cooler and the city lights come on.
View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
St. John TourTook boat from pier to St. John Island and then took a tram to Trunk Bay Beach. We did not use the free snorkel gear. We just enjoyed the views and the beautiful sand and water. On return to St. Thomas we shopped in the cruise pier complex.View All 174 St. John Tour Reviews