3. Nieuw Statendam
This was our 14th cruise overall on various cruise lines. It was our 4th Holland America cruise and by far our favorite ship. 1. Stateroom was perfectly sized for the two of us and the large screen TV with multiple TV chanels and many Movies to choose from. Bathroom shower was large and had a glass door instead of the plastic curtain. Water temperature at sink and shower easy to adjust and keeps the temperature stable. Our cabin stewards Jay and Juli were awesome!! 2. We loved the Lincoln Center Stage with multiple daily classical music performances. My wife loves the Test Kitchen which had 3 sessions on this 7 day cruise. We enjoyed the singers, Magician, and comedians in the main theater/showroom. The artwork placed thruought the ship is fantastic. We browsed the entire ship looking at all the art work. 3. We enjoyed the main dining room for 2 evening dinners and the Lido buffet for the rest of our evening meals. The buffet utilizes cluster stations instead of a single cafeteria line like many other ships we have sailed. There were so many options for food from different lands I had a hamburger and fries at the pool side Hamburger place and it was delicious and fries done perfect. There is an ice cream station that serves real ice cream and soft serve and one night he was making Crepes Suzzette. This ship beat out the 2 Celebrity ships we have sailed and Nieuw Statendam is our new favorite! One disapointing thing was Casino. Not near enough slot machines for passenger load.

Our New Favorite Ship!

dayaway’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Nieuw Statendam price drops

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VB
Wonderful. Everything was still new. Large Flat TV, comfy beds. Climated control (AC) is the best I have ever had on a ship. The system is very responsive. We like the room cool and it worked great! Large glass shower with resort quality towels.
This cabin is on the Sun Deck (deck 11) and our door was right next to the door leading out to the jogging track and underneath deck 12 Cabana area. A few nights I could hear maintenace people cleaning the Cabana's and it sounded like they were wearing tap shoes. This woke me up one night but I think I would ask for this cabin again because I like the location.
Sun Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins