3. Carnival Sunshine
We went on this cruise to join some family and it was my very 1st cruise. Embarkment was delayed due to a medical emergency, but it felt good to know that I was boarding a ship that they made sure to take care of that person, when they were only one of out of about 3,000. Kudos to the Captain for that. We were offered an upgrade to the Cloud 9 Spa deck and so GLAD we upgraded. I did 3 UltraThermie's with Nombali who was wonderful. Such a sweet girl. And I got great results! Will definitely do that again! Also got a massage and an an updo which all were wonderful as well! The Serenity deck was awesome and up just one flight of stairs and there! There were elevators, but chose to take the stairs. Having the Eucalyptus room available was nice as the smoke going through casino to the dining room really took it's tole on me having suffered with lung issues in the past..Finally figured out to go to Deck 7, walk to the other end of the ship, then take the stairs down to avoid the casino. The deck above the casino smelled like smoke too. Glad our room was far away. The waterfall Serenity Deck was also enjoyable and we really had no problem finding space at most any given time. Dining rooms had awesome food overall. To me, they serve too much food. I do like Lido deck breakfasts over the buffet. Buffet breakfast is good but unless you buy a glass of fresh squeezed juice for $5, there is no fruit. I can control my portions so as to not waste food and have them throw half of it away at Lido. Love the Bonsai Sushi. Wish they had a Seafood Shack as I have heard good things about them. Guy's Burgers are not for me, dripping in grease .555 Fahrenheit Steakhouse was great, but again, too much food. They need to offer lesser options for less money. We enjoyed our balcony room on Cloud 9 Spa, Deck 10, but not all elevators go that high. Overall, that did not present a problem for us though. Balcony was large enough for the two of us with a table. They did only clean the room once and we rarely saw our Steward. Tipped housekeeping but he was no where around most of the time. Mikey, the cruise director, was just constantly full of energy and so much fun. The Motown night and the 1980's night were awesome in the Atrium. He kept people entertained on Lido during the day as well. We saw two stage shows which were fantastically done. Don't know how those dancers do it on a rocking ship! Saw 1 comedian that was okay. Don't need to hear the "F" word so much though. Drinks were enjoyed by family at The Altitude, with beer available for my husband just across the Ocean Plaza. At Nausau, we booked the Holiday/Hilton Inn on our own for a Resort for Day. We were able to walk there and the beach was awesome. We had a dedicated server that brought drinks and food. Recommend the Mahi ceasar salad for $9.00 for lunch. Water was beautiful. You do go through the locals that want to braid hair, etc., but if just decline and keep moving, it's all good, and just part of it. They are just trying to make a living. Half Moon Cay as wonderful. They do fill the boats to get you there, but once there, it was awesome. We parked on chairs outside the Pirate Ship bar in the front row. Put your sandals and lotion on the chairs if you go into the water as the tides will float them away in the first 2 rows if you don't. Buffet lunch was good and the rice and chicken were outstanding. Island is beautiful. Best to wear your flip flops when going to the bathrooms as the floors are tiled and often wet. Beautiful island and would go back time and time again. Debarkation went smoothly. The elevators do shut down periodically for a few minutes when they are picking up luggage, but it cleared in about 10-15 minutes. Great cruise, great ship and would do it again. Better signage to help you get around the smoking areas would be helpful - and get a Seafood Shack on this ship! Charleston is a wonderful town to port out of and we enjoyed spending some extra time there. Hyman's Seafood was excellent with the best hush puppies ever! The Crab Shack and Oyster Bar downtown are also excellent. We did the Morris Island tour as well which was enjoyable, but bring a jacket if it is cold at all. They have a shack of a restaurant there that gets flat out busy at night - bucket of oysters for $16 plus other seafood. Not fine dining atmosphere though. Magnolia Farms is also worth seeing. Take the train ride - the guy that runs it is a hoot!

Rough start but fantastic ending - Love MIKEY & Serenity Deck!

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by bzinkhan

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Spa Balcony

bzinkhan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Spa Balcony
Cabin 8T
Cabin was clean and housekeeping did a great job. We rarely saw our Steward Derek, but he did get our safe opened as the batteries ran out. You might schedule changing those batteries so they don't go out on your customers.

I see you have entertainment cruise listed below. We have a Smooth Jazz Cruise booked for 2021. Would love to see Carnival have an entertainment cruise that included Smooth Jazz artists. Note, Smooth Jazz is quite a bit a different than regular Jazz - much more modern and upbeat with a lot of sax.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins