Crystal Bach Cruise Review

Crystal Bach Cruise Review by USC Adventurer

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Suite

I chose this cruise because I've never been on a river cruise and I've never cruised with crystal. The itinerary interested me very much and I was not disappointed.

My cabin was wonderful. I was in cabin 215, a deluxe suite. the butler was incredible. he was friendly, professional and seemed to anticipate my every need. i was well taken care of.

the entire crew is trained perfectly. they all called me by my name the first night of dinner. how they learned it so fast is beyond me. the entire crew is friendly, professional, eager to please and very thoughtful of my preferences. even the bartender remembered what i liked to drink! tour managers were terrific and all the tours were handled very professionally and the tour guides were spectacular. they made the tours personal with lots of their own family stories about the places we were visiting. the coach drivers were friendly and drove very safely.

i guess i've left off the most important thing: the fooooooooood. wow! what a fabulous dining experience every meal but the dinners were especially incredible. if there is such a thing as 10 star michelin, then crystal has managed to have it on the ship.

and when i was driven to the airport in amsterdam, a crystal rep met me at the coach and walked me to british airways and made sure i was checked in for the flight properly. then they walked me to security and made sure i got through ok. of course, they could not go through security with me, i thought this service was really wonderful and very unexpected.

i guess that's why i booked a danube christmas market cruise on the mahler for dec. 2020 which i'm looking forward to very much. Crystal is really special and they are my cruise line of choice from now on.

USC Adventurer's Full Rating Summary

Suite

Le Petite France

the guide was extra special and really made the tour exceptional not just ordinary.

View All 79 Le Petite France Reviews
Notre Dame Cathedral

the church had a special organ recital for crystal cruises at 7pm so after an early dinner we proceeded by coach to the city center and enjoyed a wonderful organ recital.

View All 95 Notre Dame Cathedral Reviews
Castle Tours

wonderful tour of heidelberg castle but be careful. all the streets are cobblestone and were very rough on my feet.

View All 23 Castle Tours Reviews
Walking Tour

very interesting tour

View All 104 Walking Tour Reviews
Cologne

decided to take the hop on/ hop off tour of the city because my feet were really tired from all the walking. it was a wonderful tour and i probably saw more of the city than i would have on a walking tour. the cathedral was beautiful and we docked very close to it.

Canal Tour

the museum was exactly what i wanted it to be. the canal tour gave me a better understanding of the city. i loved it but not enough time.

View All 311 Canal Tour Reviews