first time on the celebrity cruise so i can't compare to their other classes of ships but i thought it was good. we were on the cruise that was in Rome, Sicily, day at sea, santorini, athens, mykonos, naufplion, katakolon, day at sea, malta, naples, back to rome.
embarkation: very smooth process- maybe 10 minutes; we did the cruise's transfer from the airport to the port and once we were off the bus, it prob took about 10 minutes or so to get into our room; very fast lanes. the only thing is it took until DINNER TIME to get our luggage. might as well carry your own luggage with you the first day so you don't have to wait for them to bring it up. disembarkation was also fast--got up ate breakfast, left, and they had our luggage out waiting for us and we hopped on the bus.
SPA: **DO NOT BUY A SPA PASS IT'S NOT WORTH IT** . 1) the lotion and shampoo and stuff in there were also the same as the ones in the cabin. definitely not worth it if you're thinking you'll get better products in the spa.....
2) there are rain showers in the spa and it was supposed to have the aromatherapy oils in there..... but we were only able to smell the oils in there the first two days. for the remaining days of the cruise, could not smell any of the oils despite telling front desk about it. they claimed it was an engineering problem. the salt room is kind of a gimmick i think. only a portion of the wall had the himalayan salt bricks ... and they had some chunks of salt lying on this heated machine thing... i highly doubt any of that really does anything..
the sauna and steam room were ok. the hammam room was kind of useless just kinda like another steam room b/c it's a co-ed spa, so it's not like you can strip naked and get scrubbed down. so just treat it like a 2nd steam room. floating cocoon chairs were alright. major disappointment was the rainshowers in the spa though since there were only 2 days of the essential oils in there. you might as well shower in your own room then. also bring your own hairdryer if you plan on showering in the spa since they don't have one.
3) also we were jipped for 4 days at the spa.... on some days, after a long day, we would go to the spa around 10:15 or 10:20pm since it closed at 11pm ( we were aware we had to be done by 11pm since that's when the spa closed, so it should have been plenty of time). HOWEVER when we checked in the spa at 10:15pm, the front desk lady on duty that night told us it closed at 10:30pm and started shutting off the steam in the steam room when we were still sitting in there at 10:28pm !!! she kept telling us the closing time was 10:30pm and essentially for about 4 days, we only got about 10 min of spa time or less. we told the manager about it, who never followed up though. * if you're in aqua class it's part of the deal w/ your room, but it's not worth the extra money only to get snubbed and a curt attitude from the nighttime front desk employee.
really liked the room- it was spacious (infinite veranda). PLENTY of storage space and closet space and hangers; there is a USB outlet by one end of the bed and another little box that fits european and american plugs plus 2 more USB ports on the desk. table can retract as well so if you need more space you can push the white table in. the veranda.... like other reviewers stated it is kind of annoying with the blind; one shortcut to making it a onetouch thing is to just press the down button for the WINDOW, and the blinds will automatically go up without you having to hold down the 'up' button for the blinds. towards the end of the cruise, the windows needed some WD40 as they were extremely squeaky. *wish they had more movies on demand as well, but oh well. there were only about 10 titles.... Anna, tomorrow man, ugly dolls, etc.
Bed was nice and comfy. ** toiletries in the bathroom were terrible-- BRING YOUR OWN--the shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel do NOT suds up at all so you're questioning how much you're using. also, the lotion is grainy. there's like literal grains of sand or something in it. so bring your own toiletries if you want
ENTERTAINMENT; should have done some more comedy acts or whatever. the singing of the main celebrity crew was not very good- their harmonizing was never in key and were always flat. just sounded out of tune. the magician was the best. another singer ashlie amber... was just not good. felt like i could find better youtubers singing.
FOOD: very good food- steak was always good. soups were nasty though--either super salty or just blegh in flavor. ice cream was DELICIOUS. desserts were good. main dining was good we did not do the specialty dining. lamb dishes are always delicious... we ate at cyprus most nights. curry was always excellent. buffet was good...
SERVICE: don't bother w/ the shore excursion people. they just tell you to look at the app for shore excursions. sometimes when you just need a recommendation, you might as well go to the port shopping expert. he gave us more details than the excursion desk employee did. but the main dining room service was good. as mentioned before, spa service was NOT good --some of the other spa employees were good, just not the front desk person who kept kicking us out early
EXCURSIONS: overpriced, not that great; we did one in taormina/sicily---saw mount etna and the craters, ate cannolis ... but the ship had better tasting cannolis--- and wandered taormina. taormina was very touristy and overpriced, but it was a cute little town to take pictures i guess..... other one was acropolis in athens--- they make you wear whispers on your ear the little radio thing so you can hear your tour guide. they don't fit well on the ear...
in Olympia, we did our own excursion--we just hopped on a bus at the port for 10 euros per person roundtrip--- i think train was also the same price, and there was an excursion there thru the cruise as well but it was all sold out-- i think it was more than $200 per person for 4 hours.
*note: oct 28th is a national holiday in greece so the admission to the museums are FREE. we were in katakolon (olympia) that day, so we saw the olympic ruins for free basically that day. not a bad deal.
**APP: so the ship has an app as well where you can look at activities--they always tell you to refresh the darn page.well even refreshing doesn't really mean anything; because there were clearly activities that were listed on the daily newsletter AND the app , but when we go to the 'activity' at the listed time, it wasn't happening at all. even the employee didn't know about it. so.... take it w/ a grain of salt. the nightly newsletter was also not very consistent w/ telling u which activities have a fee and which don't. for ex. on the app, it states the workout of the day has a fee. but on the newsletter it doesn't have the asterisk stating there is a fee. the spa cafe and juice bar listed on the newsletter also does not have an asterisk to tell you there is an additional fee, but there actually IS one for the juices.
**pools: whirlpool in the solarium was the only one that functioned correctly UNTIL THE LAST DAY IT WAS MESSED UP--- the jets would only go to the feet. one of the whirlpools on the top deck was broken for half the trip and then the other one always took like 2 minutes to start up after you pressed the button for the jets....
'1) Eden was STINKY. it literally smelled funny the entire time--not sure what they put in there. the show in there was also strange like people have commented..only went for 15 minutes and left.
2) to get the view of the front of the ship you either have to be in the suite class level to get to the front resort deck to see it, OR get a pass to the spa (again SPA IS NOT WORTH IT-i can't speak for the actual massages/other services, but the sea thermal suite pass is not worth it).
3) **speakers-- if there is ANY ANNOUNCEMENT you HAVE to be either out in the public area or open your door to your stateroom to hear it. there are no speakers in the room so you just hear a muffled waaaa waaa waa sound; just make sure you open your stateroom door to listen to the announcements.
4) photographers were amateurs
overall, the experience wasn't too bad. biggest minuses were the issues w/ spa (attitude, rainshower issue). food was great and the room was nice (minus the toiletries). the ship was still new, so at least that was a plus.