3. Emerald Princess
Chose this cruise because of great port diversity: Rome, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Athens, Santorini, South France, Barcelona, Morocco and more. And Because we always have enjoyed Princess and specifically the Emerald. Room was great, see below. cabin steward outstanding. Ship has been updated nicely. Service in main DR was outstanding. Unfortunately the food was terrible! which was a big disappointment for my three travel companions and me. I have been on 48 Princess Cruises, and the reason we have gone so many times over the last 30 years was because we always loved the cuisine. Princess always had a good amount of Italian influence in the menus and food prep, now it appears to be influenced by English and Australian chefs. Menus were unappealing. Beef in the DR was very tough. Marinara sauce for Pasta and Pizza was terrible, so that knocked out choices we normally would have liked. Sent several meals back which is not something I have done in the past. Many dinner choice felt like they were a lunch choice. I feel like Princess is trying to attract new clients with their new menus and themes, but may loose their solid base, if the food continues in this direction. Waiters were outstanding, but the food they could not do anything about. Ports and shore excursions were great. Two production shows were great, two were boring. Comedians and Vocalists average other then Steve Kellwodd who was great. Love Lado strings duo in atrium every day. Enrichment lecturer was very good. Have a few more Princess cruises booked, hope to see an improvement.

Fall Adriatic, Mediterranean and Transatlantic Highlights on Emerald Princess

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by WOODHAVEN26

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Service in main DR was outstanding.

Waiters were outstanding, but the food they could not do anything about.

Ports and shore excursions were great.

Enrichment lecturer was very good.

Have a few more Princess cruises booked, hope to see an improvement.
WOODHAVEN26’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin B1
Loved this location. On this class of ships the C deck or deck 10 has a double wide balcony.
So we had great sun every day. No need to go upstairs with 1000 others.
Plus it was port side and the views were great from our room.
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins