3. Norwegian Getaway
Pros: 1. Ship was very clean. 2. I received some unexpected freebies on the cruise - bottle of champagne, chocolates, macaroons and a gift-card to the spa. 3. Spa balcony had a nice line of shampoo/conditioner. Cons: 1. My state room was not directly located near the spa, as the website suggests. I was under the impression I would be literally across the hall from the spa prior to embarkation. 2. The staff seemed overworked/fatigued during the cruise. I feel as though my mom and I felt the effects of this daily (long tendering process, delayed dinners/appetizers each night with lackluster service. 3. Guest services appeared to be severely under-trained as they often did not have the answers to my questions. I usually would leave the Guest Services desk more confused than when I arrived, and often had to hunt for answers elsewhere. Additionally, there was almost always a line for GS. 4. Phone calls made to Guest Services/the Spa always went un-answered. I eventually stopped calling as no one would pick up when I did. 5. The tendering process was long. Particularly in Honduras, it was a complete mess. 6. Night time entertainment was LACKING, it was essentially the same comedian and dancers each night. This is a huge difference from the previous time traveled with Norwegian. The entertainment in general was horrendous. Anything worth going to was an additional fee. 7. Gratuity is automatically added to every purchase. I felt as though the staff knew this and did not provide friendly or fast service as their tip was automatic with each transaction.

Second time on Norwegian.....likely the last

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by smstanle

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Spa Balcony Stateroom
Pros:

1. Ship was very clean.

3. Spa balcony had a nice line of shampoo/conditioner.

Cons:

smstanle’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Spa Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B9
Cabin was clean but TINY for the price I paid. I also felt as though advertisement was completely false. It was a bait & switch. Closet space was also very, very tight. I did not even unpack as my travel companion needed the closet (which was small).
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Dolphin Swim
    I did not do the dolphin excursion - but I saw the pool size. This is a SMALL pool with 7 dolphins!!!!! I was disgusted when I saw this attraction and am working to bring awareness to this. Please do not support this attraction. I also observed the dolphins being forced to jump, over and over again, at the beginning of the day (7AM). These animals are forced to work all day and live in a very, very small space.
    View All 37 Dolphin Swim Reviews