3. Avalon Poetry II
Our expectations for our cruise on the Rhone were high, but to our surprise Avalon exceeded these expectations consistently. The Poetry II provided superb accommodations in the Room 308 Royal Suite. Housekeeping and the wait staff were professional, thorough, and met any request quickly and completely. I would like to single out Jean-Loup Domart, our cruise director. He was professional, entertaining and totally focused on each guest and their comfort and satisfaction with all aspects of the cruise. Specifically, we were astounded by his follow-up on a personal problem that arose. We lost a souvenir hat on the ship and did not realize it until we were in Paris. Jean-Loup took our contact information and said that he would look into it. A month later, I received an email from him saying that the hat was found and he was shipping it to my home. Truly service above and beyond expectations. Jean-Loup represents the guest focus of Avalon and their goal to provide a superb cruise experience from food service, to meaningful and entertaining shore excursions. The typical guestroom is occupied by a couple whose age range is from 40 to 80. Most guests are in their late 60's to early 70's. Most guest are active and energetic and engage in offered activities. It was a diverse crowd form the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the UK. Finding a friendly and sometimes entertaining conversation was never an issue and dining companions were diverse and interesting. My wife and I would recommend and Avalon cruise and look forward to future trips on different rivers.

Cruising the Rhone Northbound

tdriscollmail’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Poetry II price drops

Royal Suite with French Balcony
Cabin RS
The cabin was double the size of a normal cabin and well appointed. There was a roomy shower, separate sitting room, and an entire wall that turns to entire room into a balcony.
Royal Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins