3. Viking Lofn
Four neighbor couples recommended a Viking cruise when I was considering a summer adventure. When I received a catalog for free airfare, I decided to book! I still had to pay extra being a solo traveler; so I reserved a lower cabin. I didn't book extra night(s) before or after the cruise. I used Viking Air Plus for $50 extra to reserve flights, convenient for me. I missed seeing Amsterdam because the ship docked at 2:30 am; and I had to leave for the airport at 5:30 am for an 8:00 am flight. I consider it a mistake that I didn't experience a beautiful city and museums. Onboard I felt amazingly pampered by the staff, in my cabin, in the restaurant where the waiters knew my name! I enjoyed delicious food every meal. I'm an early riser so dined alone in the Aquavit Terrace at 6:00 am. Lunch and dinner in the beautiful dining room, sharing a table with lovely people from different places. I liked the evening meeting to prepare us for the next day's tour. I didn't attend the late night games or music events. The daily included tours were well organized and led by knowledgeable guides. I didn't choose optional tours but enjoyed exploring on my own in free time. I loved the Rhine River for the barge traffic, 11 locks, and the castle viewing with excellent narration. I recognize the Viking tour as the world's best because of the exceptional service. It was not difficult traveling alone. Transfers to and from airports made me feel safe!

Summer Highlight!

Joycemae’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Lofn price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin F
The cabin was clean and refreshed twice a day with products, water, and linens.
The steward was polite, neat, friendly. My window to the river was just above water level.
Main Deck Outside Cabins