3. Norwegian Pearl
I chose Norwegian based on a friend's recommendation. I turned 60 this year and it was my birthday present to myself. It started out badly and just got worse from there. My flight was delayed, the airline rerouted me so I would make it to the ship, then proceeded to lose my bag so I boarded with nothing with me. I went to Guest services, explained what had happened, they gave me a tee shirt and some basic toiletries, slippers and a robe. I then went over to the excursions desk after going to my room and finding a note that the Everglades tour was cancelled due to lack of interest, so very disappointed with that. The girl at the desk was not very good with her customer service, basically just shrugged her shoulders and offered no help. I picked up some deodorant and a real toothbrush and paste, then went to get shorts and a top for the Sunday excursions at Great Stirrup Cay, not money I planned on spending, but insurance on the trip will reimburse me. Without a bathing suit, I was unable to use the spa, hot tubs, or pool the way I wanted, so more disappointment and no refund for it. Got up Sunday morning and felt something was wrong- found we were not at Great Stirrup Cay but Nassau. I was not happy so went and talked to the desk, was offered alternative excursions at higher prices than what I paid for, and cancelled all of it. I then realized I had no way to the airport with the Everglades having been cancelled so excursions offered Hop on, Hop off tour, which, after reading reviews on, very glad I said no. I then went to Guest services, and asked what to do, and they suggested a transfer. So fine, no offered or requested discount on any of it so I paid. I was also notified that repairs were being done all day Sunday, so my balcony would be unusable. Not a good experience for someone travelling completely alone for the first time, nor the first cruise ever for them.

It will be a long time before I ever do this again

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by minsnot

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony
minsnot’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA
The room was very nice, the bed was great, nice balcony. It could have been cleaner(the balcony) because there were paint chips everywhere on the floor. Also, visible rust in some of the bolted areas.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins