3. Norwegian Dawn
I’ve been on 15-29 cruises in my lifetime, all of which were Royal Caribbean, and Carnival and I loved them. The food was phenomenal and the night life was amazing and fun. I had never been on a Norwegian, so I figured I’d give it a try! Well, I regret that I made that decision. Starting from the embarkation, there was a problem. We were supposed to board the ship at 10am, we didn’t board until 4pm! Ok, ok, I forgave them, because apparently they were having issues with the gangway. We came aboard STARVING, because we were waiting around for 6 hours for the ship to let us on, so we figured they’d have the restaurants open, NOPE. I was wrong. We had to wait around until 5:30 to get food in our stomachs. And even then, I was expecting the food to be great (hoping it was worth the wait). WRONG AGAIN. The food was SUBPAR, and I’m being generous. Most of it was awful. We had 3-specialty dining meals, which we chose hibachi (Teppanyaki), the steakhouse (Cagneys) and Italian (La Cucina). They were better then the main dining, but still not phenomenal, EXCEPT for the Italian. The Italian was pretty good, but I don’t know if it was really as delicious as I think it was, or delicious by comparison to the nonsense they subjected us to the rest of the trip. Since the Dawn is a small ship, you will feel EVERYTHING. So if you get seasick, DON’T Even bother. I had never gotten seasick on a ship in my life, and I woke up in the middle of the night on two separate nights, throwing up from the movement. The nightlife is TRASH. Other than the one pub that is open 24 hours (Osheehans), everything closes at about midnight. My friend and I (26 and 31) were looking for something fun to do and people around our age to hang out with and meet, but everything closed early, and there were A LOT of geriatric people. The cabin was of average size, so I cannot complain, but because the ship was refurbished you can tell it’s old with rust spots and the like. And to add insult to injury, It rained almost the whole time. I understand that’s not the cruise lines fault but it just added to the horrible experience. I felt horrible, this was my friends first cruise experience. And I had to keep apologizing, explaining that this wasn’t the norm for a cruise, since it was my idea. Overall, unfortunately I would NEVER sail Norwegian again.

Not up to par with expectations.

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Angelalucill3

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Obstructed Oceanview

Overall, unfortunately I would NEVER sail Norwegian again.
Angelalucill3’s Full Rating Summary