Azura Cruise Review

Azura Cruise Review by Joanne Lesley martin

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

This was a 50th birthday present from my husband and I was not disappointed.

We were one of the last flights on the Saturday to join the ship, so late boarding, but they got us on board pretty fast after arriving at the port.

The ship layout was pretty easy as we had cruised with Princess the year before and Azura has exactly the same layout so pretty much knew the deck plan from day 1, but yes people were still getting lost even at the end of week 2.

The ship itself is due for refurb in April 2020 and yes there are noticeable areas that need doing, but I did not think at any point we had got on a ship that was in desperate need.

We had a balcony stateroom that was front of ship, always clean and tidy thanks to Pascoal our steward. We dined in the Oriental, food always very good with a varied selection on the menu.

Bar service was good whatever bar we went to.

Loads going on onboard on the sea days, so no excuse to be board. Guests were constantly told not to reserve sunbeds on deck, but do people listen? Sometimes they were easy to come across other times not so.

The only thing that dampened our cruise was the theft of my husband's prescription sunglasses. He attended a talk in the art gallery and when he left forgot to pick them up as he had a coffee cup and other bits and pieces with him. He returned 2 hours later after a gym session when he realised he left them behind. The girls in the gallery had seen them but chose to leave them on the chair rather than put them in a safe place!! If only they had of moved them they would not of been stolen! I hope whoever stole them was as annoyed as my husband was when they tried them on to discover they are no good to anyone apart from my husband. They will probably be in a bin somewhere now I guess.

On a plus note I must give a big shout out to Captain Neil Turnbull who greeted us every day with his wit and charm. He got off in every port and was always ready to meet and talk to any guests.... big asset to P&O!

Joanne Lesley martin's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom

Carpet looking a little on the tired side.

Joanne Lesley martin