3. Golden Princess
From the very start of boarding the Golden Princess we felt like we on a floating luxury hotel. Through our travel agent - Deluxe Travel & Cruise, we were upgraded to a quad mini suite with balcony on Dolphin deck. I'm glad we took the mini suite as it provided more space for our family of four compared to a standard balcony cabin. We dined mainly at the Donatello's formal restaurant and were treated as family with exceptional service from our waiters - Teresita & Hope. The food was plentiful and exceptional. Curtis Stone dishes were even on the menu. We ate at the Horizon Buffet an odd occasions for lunch and the food was also of high quality and volume. Entertainment and activities were generally good, from magicians, comedians, show like the Buddy Holly Show (exceptional), trivia in the lounges and even movies under the stars. The Golden Princess has a state of the art gym on the upper deck which I utilised every second day. Our ports included; Mare Island - great snorkelling and swimming, Port Vila - best duty free shopping for alcohol, Lautoka - great sight seeing, Suva - we did a village tour which was fantastic, even tried Kava, and finally Noumea - great beaches but cost of living there is relatively expensive. Service from all the crew was exceptional and it was a little sad to leave after being aboard for 14 nights. The only negatives I had were the prices of the inflated soda (soft drink) package which worked out to be $15.50 per day, which had to be paid upfront as a lump some on the boarding day, and the alcohol package was $1240 for the 14 nights. You do the maths when a glass of soft drink was $3.75 and a stubby of beer was $8.75 or a bucket of 5 for $35. Cocktails varied from 11 to $16. Overall, excellent value for money, customer service and cruising experience!

Melbourne to South Pacific Cruise on the Golden Princess - Superb!

Golden Princess Cruise Review by Pmitch

Overall, excellent value for money, customer service and cruising experience!
Pmitch’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Golden Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB
Our cabin was a 4 berth mini suite with balcony.

My wife and I had a queen/king bed which was very comfortable. We opted for firmer pillows as the standard supplied one's were to soft for us.

One daughter (24 years) slept on the folding out sofa bed and was happy with that. Our youngest daughter (21 years) slept on the drop down bed (from the roof cavity) and he compliant was that the mattress was too hard. I tried it for one night and I didn't mind it but I am used to firm mattresses.

With all the bedding, there was still sufficient room for the four us.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins