3. Norwegian Breakaway
I am not new at cruising and have taken 9 cruises prior to this one. I have sailed with Norwegian in the past and had a blast. I have never left a negative review about a cruise because I have never had an experience this bad. This time it was different. I hate leaving critical reviews because how much harm they can cause but this cruise was just really, really bad. Passengers all over the ship were unhappy (at least according to the talk in the elevators). The service was horrible unless you were in the specialty dining rooms (if you could even get a reservation) or at the Starbucks in the atrium (she was a riot! Super funny). Bar staff were very stand-offish and unfriendly. Average wait time for a drink from the bar was 30 mins or more. Wait time for drinks was much longer if you ordered from a server. I got in the habit of ordering two drinks at a time just to make sure I would actually get something. The dining in the main dining rooms was ok, nothing exceptional. Service was much better in the Manhattan Room than Taste or Savor although, again, if you ordered any type of beverage other than water you would be waiting longer than it took to get your food. The Buffet was pretty much always the same. Very little variety and no way to really order a soda if you wanted one. This cruise lacked the "wow" factor of cruising. I tried addressing some of these issues with guest services but they would just "yes" you to death or ignore you outright. It was just very strange. Embarkation and Debarkation was handled very well. The comedians they had onboard were awesome and "Velvet" was a fun show and worth the extra money. The terminal is really out-of-date but Norwegian did a good job of moving the boarding groups through pretty fast. When entering the ship though we were met with the smell of mildew and no pomp or circumstance (not a big deal for me but many people were upset by it.) We went with a group of three couples; all of us having the same complaints/concerns. Our package we paid for contemplated the unlimited beverage package, 3 specialty dining, reduced airfare, unlimited wifi and a discount for shore excursions. The wifi never worked. We were only able to get into one specialty dining as everything was reserved so that was a waste of selection. The Brazilian steakhouse is a thing of beauty though. We just wish we could have experienced two more to get our money's worth. With the amount of choices we have for cruises today I just don't know if it would be worth taking another Norwegian cruise and gamble if the experience would be different. This was, by far and away, the worst cruise I have ever taken. Maybe it is an isolated incident. I hope so. Probably the most frustrating part of it all is that I have made my concerns known and have never received even an "I'm sorry" from the company or their representatives. I guess in the numbers game our cabin is but 2 people in a sea of thousands who will cruise. I hope your experience is different.

Overall a pretty mediocre and disappointing cruise.

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by chadlegglaw

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom
chadlegglaw’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BC
The cabin itself was a good size. There was obvious wear and some broken hinges but overall just your regular balcony cabin. The toilet had issues flushing and the cabin steward almost never cleaned up well or removed dishes from the room. About all he would do is occasionally provide fresh towels and make the bed. Mirrors and glass never got cleaned unless I cleaned them.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins