3. Viking Jupiter
We chose this because these were places that I wanted to see. Most of them I hadn't been to. We found most of the experiences with Viking to be above our expectations. We did give a few suggestions on some of the shore excursions. Had we known in advance the length of time to travel to certain destinations, we would have chosen a different choice. I believe when booking these excursions Viking should mention the travel time needed from the ship. The Cabins, the service from all of the staff was perfect. Couldn't have gotten any better. The cruise director Heather Clancy was superb. (Right down to making us aware of the crazy time changes that we were going thru). We dined in many of the restaurants and loved them all. We loved the attention that was given to a traveling friend who needed a special diet (sugar free and low sodium),by the head waiter. He was always around and very supportive. We found the sports deck by accident (we were walking around the ship)..It was great. The fitness center was an excellent source for my husband to be able to stretch out. We were even lucky to have had such great weather that we enjoyed the pool with an open roof. That was an unexpected plus. The entertainment or as Heather mentioned (edu or info tainment) was definitely Viking. We had experienced similar on a river cruise. MY ONE DISAPPOINTMENT comes from Viking Air...We had big problems with the departure and making our connection. The people who do the booking need to be more informed. The Airlines weren't at all accommodating. Our friends missed their connection and had a terrible experience. Unfortunately that left us with a very sour taste..after being home for 2 weeks we can write logically about that, and when I make my next reservation with Viking I will not forget that. Traveling thru CDG airport was a horror. If I ever have to do that again, I will not. The entire staff their were unsupportive. We had to make a connection, were told it was right opposite the next departure, only to find out that we had to travel a mile to get there, thru 2 checkpoints. One Customs agent didn't speak English, and wouldn't tell us how to get to our gate. We then had to go thru escalators up and down to get to another side that had a walking sidewalk. My friends were still behind us (and we didn't see them until the next day), the entire plane that they were on was emptied, leaving people in need of assistance behind. The Airline knew that we had to catch a flight, the WHEELCHAIR, was supposed to be there. It wasn't. We had traveled before and most airlines give an allowance to people who need to make a connection, Air France (from Marco Polo, in Venice to CDG in France) DID NONE OF THAT. Please note that there were four other couples in need of assistance also, and they also missed their connections.

A Most Energetic and Beautiful Voyage