3. Norwegian Getaway
I'm a newer cruiser. I started out with carnival which was an overall really good cruise. In my search of my favorite cruise line, I chose to cruise with norwegian next. It wasn't long before I realized carnival was going to beat this experience by far. Right from the start the boarding process was a long disorganized mess. After two hours of waiting we finally boarded the ship. We walked around and became familiar with the ship and then went to our room. At 7 PM we still had not received luggage. We ended up finding our luggage at the opposite end of the floor we were staying on nowhere close to our room. After that the next couple of days went fairly well as we were at sea. Besides the fact that our air conditioning in the room would only stay on for 15 minutes and the fact that it was almost impossible to flush the toilet, things were ok. It was at the end of day two that we realized that it didnt matter where we ate it was all the same mediocre food. Fast forward to our first port, we quickly realized that our excursions were over booked and cram packed. For the price of the excursions, they weren't even slightly personal in anyway. A group of ten would have been great but when you're snorkeling and the sail boat is so full that you can't find a seat, there's an issue. When tendering to port the lines were horrific and disorganized messes. Our boat even crashed into another boat the first time we tendered. Beyond all of this, the show's were good, despite having to turn around in our seats to watch the cirque show, the bar tenders were unbelievable, but that's about all I can give kudos for. It would take an act of God for me to ever cruise norwegian again on my dime.

Unorganized mess

Jhowe18’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BB
Cabin was ok. Pretty standard balcony. Was clean. Air conditioner sucked. Only stayed on about 10-15 minutes before shutting off and then becoming very warm. Woke up multiple times throughout the night to turn it back on. However.. Our housekeeper Charlie was excellent.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins