3. Norwegian Sun
When I saw the advertisement for $199 for the 5 day Bahama cruise, I couldn't pass it up. We booked it about two weeks prior to departure, chose the drink package and two specialty dining meals. Getting on and off the ship at the beginning and end of the cruise was a breeze. We were checked in promptly and offered water to drink while waiting. For debarkation, we elected to walk off, and since we timed it between platinum and special guests, we didn't have a long line. Customs was on the ship deck with a facial recognition camera and a quick look at the passport. On board, the only drawback was the music choices and hours. During this cruise, we had no classical or instrumental entertainment other than the piano in the Windjammer. I get tired of the oldies music (even though I'm 53). The evening show was the usual cruise ship venue, but on the last night the cruise director introduced all the managers and many department supervisors, so we were able to thank them with applause. I thought this was nice. Our cabin could only be reached from the bow of the ship. See cabin review below. Fitness: We like to walk on the promenade in the mornings but two mornings on our trip it was partially blocked for maintenance. No big deal, just reverse and go the other way until you get back to the barrier, but it seemed like they could've blocked just a portion of the deck instead of the entire deck section. I have to appreciate that NCL takes safety seriously. The food was good. We had the buffet every morning for breakfast and usually went to the aft Great Outdoors buffet for lunch. Dinner at Cagneys was delicious and filling. No problems ordering or waiting at the Four Seasons. The last night, we had dinner at the sushi bar. The staff was exceptionally courteous. Overall, the sushi menu is rather limited but the entire meal was well prepared, fresh and delicious. The chef even made my husband a typical California roll that wasn't on the menu at all, and gave us an additional plate of sashimi and nigeri beyond what our meal package included. We easily ate $80 worth of sushi and sashimi, in addition to our edamame appetizer and sake (two kinds available) and were stuffed. All was included in our meal and beverage packages. So the sushi bar, for us, was a great added value. Shore excursions: We couldn't stop at Great Stirrup Cay the first day because the waves were too rough for tendering. So we puttered over to Nassau a day early. My husband and I didn't get off the ship as we've been there before. In Freeport, we took an NCL offered excursion for the Luxury Day Sail and had a good time. Drinks, a bento-sandwich lunch and snorkeling was included. We didn't go very far off shore and my only complaint was that it was too short. The guides were friendly and attentive. The last port was Great Stirrup Cay again, and that's always fun. We just get chairs and stay by the beach but some seniors next to us said they had a great time on the zipline. My only complaint about the Cay is the barbecue offerings. Hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza and fried chicken are your choices. I was hoping for a fish option, but they had salads, too. I've traveled on the Sun twice before and like the ship because of its small size. The staff remember you and the ship is well kept. I would go on it again.

Room 4022 was noisy but comfortable, cruise was good

Anni Z’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OF
The cabin was was clean, needed some maintenance in the bathroom (screws coming out of the vanity). The only way to get to it is by using the bow elevator/stairwell. No access from the aft part of the ship where the buffet is.
The shower is small. I'm not a large woman and I felt cramped. The shampoo and soap were plentiful and adequate.
Our steward did a good job cleaning, even shampooed the rug one day (although we hadn't spilled anything).
During the day, the room was great. At night...NOISE. The music from above could be heard until midnight. After that, the noise from below (the cabin is directly above a hatch) was a problem. The night before our last, somebody didn't fasten something correctly because we heard banging every time the ship rocked. I didn't get much sleep on the trip, no matter that the bed was comfortable enough. I would NOT book this cabin (or any cabin near it) again.
Biscayne Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins