• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Helly133
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin: Junior Suite with Balcony

We were part of a group tour from Australia traveling from Shanghai China to Japan for one week, then back to Shanghai. The cruise was marketed as a Western Cruise. Approx 800 Aussies were on board with others from UK, USA etc but still mostly Chinese passengers.

Having mostly sailed with RCI and having spent 30 nights previously on the Ovation of the Seas I was expecting the ship and cruise to be similar to what we have experienced previously. The ship is mostly the same but has a few different layouts. I can't say that these differences are for the better.

The Solarium: I love this part of the ship. Unfortunately on the Spectrum this entire area is now only for "upper class" passengers. Only those few that have suites are allowed entry. Reminds me of the Titanic with areas below deck for the lower classes.

Junior Suite with Balcony

Great cabin. Bed was very firm.

Port Reviews

Shanghai

I enjoyed Shanghai. Very clean and well presented.

Kobe

Short stay in port. Free bus transfer to the centre of town. Lovely afternoon shopping.

Osaka

Visited Kyoto for the day on a private tour.

Tokyo (Yokohama)

Lots of shopping on a private tour.

13 Helpful Votes