3. Liberty of the Seas
My wife and I took this cruise about a month after we got married, but we did not consider it as a Honeymoon as we did not want to draw too much attention to us. This was my first cruise that I can remember (I was on the Splendor of the Seas in the Mediterranean Sea in the fall of 2002) and my wife has been on a few Princess Cruises and Disney Cruises. We were on Liberty of the Seas September 1st-8th, 2019, on the western Caribbean cruise. Day 2 and 3 were at sea, day 4 in Roatan, day 5 in Costa Maya, day 6 in Cozumel, day 7 at sea, and day 8 back to Galveston. Boarding the Ship: We parked at EZCruise Parking and walked back to the terminal. There is not a direct path to the terminal, therefore you have to walk across a major road and then walk alongside said road to get to the terminal. Not the best first impressions, but that fact that there was a police presence made me feel better about it. Being early in the morning (about 9:30am) there was absolutely no one in line, we got through all of the lines, check in, and headache within about 20 minutes. We boarded the boat by 11:30am and we were poolside drinking adult beverages by noon. Dinning: We were seated in the MDR with two other couples of similar age, things were a little awkward at first as I think they requested to be seated by themselves. I really enjoyed the food in the MDR, everyone at the table would regret their decisions after they would see my meals come out. Even though I enjoyed the food, my wife did not have near as good luck.. Some things were excellent while some things were flavorless and bland. I recommend sticking to red meats as they seemed to be more consistent and flavorful. Our waitstaff, Wilberto and Mark, were excellent as well! Cabin: We stayed in Stateroom #9292, I believe that it was a Superior Ocean View Balcony. Personally, I think that this RCL stateroom was a little outdated. All of the fixtures (bed, couch, tables, cabinets, etc.) were in great shape, but it felt like they came out of a hotel built in the 1990's. Overall, our cabin was in a great location and you could hardly hear a peep when it came time to take naps and/or go to bed. Service: Every staff member we met went above and beyond in regards to customer service. Every staff member was very polite, they would almost always greet you hello and ask you how you are doing. The only downside is that consistency from bar-to-bar and from bartender-to-bartender is seriously lacking. A margarita at one bar might taste completely different than a margarita at another bar. By the end of the cruise you have a pretty good idea where to get certain drinks. Entertainment: Most of the shows that we went to were surprisingly good, except for the "Love & Marriage Game Show" which Jeff (the cruise director) totally butchered and made it difficult to watch. Two shows definitely stuck out in my mind, Travis Cloer being number one who headlined in Vegas for over 1,500 shows alongside the Jersey Boys and the juggling act (whos name slipped my mind) being number two. Excursions: -Roatan: We took a tour of the island; visiting some small shops, an iguana farm, and ending our day at a private beach. -Costa Maya: We went on the Bacalar Fort and Seven Colors Lagoon tour. I highly recommend this tour as it was AWESOME! We took an executive coach bus about an hour and a half inland to the small town of Bacalar. We then took a few boats out onto the lagoon, giving us plenty of time to swim and sunbathe in the crystal clear water. After that we ate at this lagoonside Mexican restaurant that had some of the best fish tacos that I've ever had. Lastly we toured the Bacalar Fort and headed back to the port. -Cozumel: We attended Salsa Salsa & Margaritas, two chefs showed us how to make 6 types of authentic salsas/guacamoles, 2 different types of margaritas, all while learning how to do the salsa dance.

First Time Cruiser, late night reviewer