3. MSC Seaside
My wife and I recently took our first cruise. Long time residents of Florida but a very busy life raising our children prevented us from traveling before. After 25 years of marriage, we booked the first available cruise that fit our schedule. The MSC Seaside was an excellent choice. We were extremely happy with the accommodations. We had a rear balcony room that was more than adequate. Excellent water pressure, hot and cold. Excellent cabin service cleaning twice a day. The cleanliness of the entire ship was impressive. The professionalism was quite noticeable at every level in everything that was experienced. We observed customers that had been on many cruises, rookies like us and we felt everyone was at ease and enjoying this experience. The food was plentiful and available 20 hours a day. We bought no extras except the WiFi package but did purchase some small items and photos. The actual boarding of the ship was easy as was the disembarkation at each port and the final disembarkation. The MSC people know what they are doing and did it well. We are already considering taking another cruise next year to see other parts of the Caribbean and world. Excited and very pleased with MSC. Thank you to all the MSC staff for making this experience memorable.

Excellent - 1st Cruise Ever

frankp862’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Bella Outside Stateroom
Cabin O1
Very Clean, spacious. Comfortable beds. Shower and bathroom perfect. Not as big as your home but works well and definitely enough space.
Cape Cod Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Cozumel
    The people of Cozumel were extremely friendly. The shops were above average and some of the restaurants were excellent, some not. We went to the Mayan Ruins and were a bit disappointed. Entry fee reasonable but not impressed as the small area with the ruins needed upkeep. The walking trails and pavers pretty bad condition and I felt they could have done better. Plenty of mosquitoes.
    View All 13,304 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    While there were no real sights to see there, the shops were excellent. The restaurants plentiful and very clean. It was a pleasant atmosphere and we also got a bit of rain there but not an issue. Along the coast there were several restaurants. We took a chance on one that the front was not that appealing but the rear deck looking out over the ocean was perfect. The restaurant served fresh fried snapper and other fish, chips, and other typical small restaurant foods but mainly fish. The service was great, everyone looked happy and we were impressed all the way around.
    View All 3,411 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    We decided at the last minute to take this excursion. The MSC excursion people helped get us in at the last minute, thank you. The large group that went on this we divided into groups 18, 19, 20, 21. The groups were put on small buses with seating configuration of 2 and 1. Not a good situation for some. The tour itself went only the first 4-5 streets from the docking pier. We stopped at a hospital parking lot, a broken water tower, a small rum distillery, a local beach close to the ships that also had some local restaurants. The Initial part of the tour went to the island where Atlantis resort is located. Impressive structures, wealth and some history there but perhaps just not my cup of tea. In my view, the local beach, small but beautiful and the local restaurant where they fry fresh fish was excellent. The majority of the trip seamed pointless except we did hear some historical facts from the driver/guide that interested me to a point. I would not suggest this particular excursion to anyone, although it is not expensive at all but a waste of time. Nassau has some beautiful oceans. Just looking at that was worth the trip to this port.
    View All 13,304 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • Ocho Rios
    My wife and I decided to take a walk of the area. We did get some rain so it hampered our view and possibly our attitude. While the people were nice it was dirty, some of the canals full of garbage with trash on the streets. My wife got her hair braided and the ladies there were friendly and protective. We had several beggars come to us with requests. We also went into a supermarket to purchase bottled water. Security was extremely tight as they allowed no bags, not even the smallest to go in. That being said, my wife had a backpack on her back and they allowed her in but my small bag they insisted I check it into security It only had sunglasses, my wallet, a towel and a map, but they would not let me take it in.
    View All 1,053 Ocho Rios Cruise Port Reviews