3. Vision of the Seas
The ship is wonderful. I love how small and easy to navigate she is compared to her bigger competitors and sisters. Not high-tech, which is fine with me. I'm happy with just music and trivia and silly games and reading by the pool. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I thought the ship was perfect for my wife and I. Solarium space is wonderful. Quiet, great view. Staff were wonderful. Steve Davis and his staff did a great job at keeping us entertained. I'd easily put Steve up there with my favorite cruise directors. I can't say enough good things about he and his staff. The musicians and orchestra were good. I really enjoyed the Broadway style dance and singing shows, and wished they had more of them (only had 2-3 in 16 nights). Also enjoyed Paul Boudrie and The Modern Gentlemen. Ships bands and pianists were good, too The bar staff were great. Friendly and quick. Our steward was excellent. The main dining room was good, but Windjammer buffet left a lot to be desired. Lunch and dinner were repetitive. For some reason they had dal & rice and a 2 curries at every meal, even though the passengers were primarily American retirees. The desserts, in particular, in the windjammer were disappointing. The pies were more like cakes that had been baked in a pie crust. A lot of cupcakes and cakes looked a lot better than they tasted. The ice cream, both regular and soft serve, were good. The little Park Cafe in Solarium was very good. Fewer choices, but well done. The Kummelweck roast beef sandwiches were EXCELLENT. I recommend them with the horseradish. I must have had one almost every afternoon. Overall the phone app is good, but has some glitches. Minor stuff. The app lists the Park Cafe' as having a 24 hour drip coffee station, but they don't. It's only there in the morning or late night. The times given in the app for the Solarium bar to open were often wrong. Other minor inaccuracies, as my kid says, "first world problems." Really wish there was somewhere to get a Diet Coke for breakfast. That's my personal morning drink of choice, but the first bar doesn't open until 9:00 a.m. The bartenders are happy to bring you a Diet Coke. Eugenio in the Solarium and Fiorina at the pool bar were delightful. BUT the cocktail wait staff won't. There were several times in the Schooner Bar and Masquerade theater we ordered them from passing cocktail waiters (we had the soda package). The staff acknowledged us, but never came back. I thought maybe it was because they get higher tips for alcohol, so didn't want to bother. If they're only supposed to bring alcohol, that's fine, but I wish they'd tell me that so I could get it myself, instead of nodding at me and never returning. Happened too many times to think it was just a mistake. Overall, though, we really enjoyed the cruise. Ship is beautiful, staff is entertaining, enthusiastic, and overall very friendly. Lots to do. I wish the Windjammer lunch and dinner were better, but that seems like a small point compared to how much we enjoyed the trip.

Love the ship and staff, food could be better

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by Amdcu93

Solarium space is wonderful. Quiet, great view.

The bar staff were great. Friendly and quick.

Our steward was excellent.

Amdcu93’s Full Rating Summary