3. Norwegian Sun
2nd cruise with NCL. Platinum on Disney, nearly same on RCCL and Carnival. I would rate my experience level as similar to RCCL and Carnival. My first NCL cruise was in The Haven on the Epic. For this cruise, my room had a fair amount of broken/damaged furniture and worn carpeting in front of the balcony door. The dryer hose in the bathroom kept disconnecting from the wall unit. The toilet generally had a delayed flush process, sometimes taking up to 3 minutes after pushing the button before it would flush. Felt the balcony table was way too small to be very useful. Room Steward team (Ji Wei Wei) was excellent, friendly and efficient. Room Service Steward "Jeekerson" was also excellent, had a great memory and friendly/outgoing presence. Looked forward to his morning delivery of coffee and goodies. Sadly, I had a disappointing attempt at dinner at Los Lobos. Food was just not good and was bland, uninspiring and generally flavorless. The salsa was just weird tasting, I sent my appetizer back and after 2 bites of my entre I gave up. To their credit, the service and management staff did a great job in attempting a service recovery; offering to replace the food, offered other entrees, a beverage and dessert. I politely declined as I didn't really think a different dish would have made a difference in my ability to enjoy a meal. I really enjoyed the Indian food choices that were on the buffet. Desserts were very good. The fresh, made to order dessert crepes was a real treat. Pizza. Where was the pizza? I discovered it quite by accident on Day 4 while walking through one of the specialty restaurants one morning and noticed some pizza condiment containers. They weren't open and I asked a steward setting up what time service started and for how long. I was stunning when he said from 11 - 2pm. That's it? Pizza available only 3 hours a day and for lunch only? You need to fix that! Stage shows: The Family and Adult versions of the comedian show were both enjoyable. I saw two of the three singer/dancer productions; the Rock show and World beat were both enjoyable mostly. Regarding Rock show, the sound mix was so tame with a live band on the stage you couldn't tell audibly the band was there. The mix was so conservative and totally lacked any dynamic range the bands presence on stage was superfluous. Male principal singers (both). Great voices overall. However, please, it's a rock show, they need to "butch" it up. Rock songs aren't sung with a voice singing like they were singing an Opera. You know what I mean. The World Beat was very, very good. Enjoyed the ethnic variety of songs and different dances. Female principals had great voices and excellent range. Dancers were very good overall, some were 'marking' here and there but I doubt most of the audience could tell. First time doing a cruise alone. There's always a "friends of Bill W" meeting in the schedule everyday and of course the LGBTQ freestyle bar meet. Nothing in the schedule regarding a "singles meet and greet" though. Have seen it on the other cruise lines. In this case, I was looking for that. Cruise director. Very pleasant and attractive woman. Doesn't really have the energy lever/presence I expect from the person that has that very hard job to do. She's not really funny and doesn't know that well how to use sarcasm for comedic effect. The double private island was a plus for me as Freeport is still heavily damaged and when I spoke to some people I met in a bar in Nassau that were on a ship that did a stop there said many of the excursions were not working. So, the private island is nice. I'd rate it last of the 4 private islands I've been on, with Disney's Castaway Cay far and away the best. RCCL 2nd and Half Moon Cay 3rd. Signage is just not that good. Need map/sign boards showing where you are. The black and white page they hand you when you get on the island is of little help. Nothing posted anywhere showing what the food menu is at each place. On my way out the 2nd time stop of the week I found the pavilion which had a huge variety of food choices vs the tents scattered everywhere that only had burgers/dogs and bone dry near burnt chicken. I thought that's all you could get there. I also stumbled over the trailer/food truck setup that was serving ceviche, pulled pork, and mahi mahi sandwiches. Wow, that was a nice accidental discovery. So, my cruise experience overall was Very Good. Hope this all explained why.

Good Time, no challenges!

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by FloridaCruiser1957

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

So, my cruise experience overall was Very Good. Hope this all explained why.
FloridaCruiser1957’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD
Port side, aft. Very close/convenient to the aft elevators. No hallway noise experienced. Wording in my total review address some issues in the room.
Fjord Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins