3. Norwegian Jade
After spending four very busy days in Rome, we embarked on the NCL Jade for a two week cruise of the area. Embarkation was the smoothest I've ever seen in my cruising history. Maybe it was because I'm use to going on the larger ships, but we waited in line maybe 2 minutes before getting our stateroom cards and other information. We were in cabin 10624, which had a strange smell coming from the bathroom, but it was only noticeable for a couple of minute every time we walked in. Other than that the bed was very comfortable and the cabin was a little larger than on the newer ships(especially the bathroom). There was a dripping noise that we heard off and on while in the cabin. I think it came from a large pipe outside on our balcony, but not sure. For dining we had only one dinner in a specialty restaurant, that was Teppanyaki, which was delicious as usual. We ate a few times at O'Sheehan's, which we've always liked on previous NCL cruises. This time it didn't seem quite as good, Hamburgers and Fish very very greasy compared to other experiences we've had. Everything else was very good though especially the chicken wings.. We ate in the main dining rooms twice, service was great and food was good. Other meals while on board were in the Garden Cafe. I can always find something in there to eat. The quality of the food in there for dinner was so-so. This cruise was about the ports so the entertainment didn't measure up to what we've seen on other large ships, No Jersey Boys or Million Dollar Quartet but it was ok. Our cabin steward Dexter was one of the most attentive and caring that we've ever had. It was his first contract so maybe that explains it. But he was great. I filled out a Cruise Hero card for him. I had no complaints about any other service by ships crew. The 13 ports we visited in 14 days was why we booked this cruise. It was both exciting and exhausting at the same time. Sailing between Italy and The Greek Isles, back to Croatia and Montenegro, there was so much to see. My wife wrote down a journal every night about what we did that day so we could keep things straight. The Jade over- nighted in Venice, which gave us two chances to get out and see the city. A lot of the ports we visited would be worthy of going back to. It's very hard to really see Florence for example in six hours especially when it takes well over and hour to get there. We felt the same about some of the other ports too. We had an 11:30 flight the morning of disembarkation, which is a little tight, so we talked to Mario at Customer Service. He told us about a small group getting off the ship at 6:10 and we could join them if we carried our own bags and were there at 6:10. That was wonderful . We had a driver pick us up at the terminal in Civitavecchia at 6:45 and we made it to the airport in plenty of time. Overall for us a trip we will always remember.

Ports Main Attraction of this Cruise

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by crufan9

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We felt the same about some of the other ports too.

Overall for us a trip we will always remember.
crufan9’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB
More spacious than newer ships, especially the bathroom. Paint was peeling on the balcony a little, but our steward cleaned it everyday. Bed was very comfortable. There was an odor coming from the bathroom, but it seemed to go away after a while. Also we could hear a dripping sound off and on. Plenty of closet and drawer space for two people.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins