3. Carnival Horizon
We chose this cruise for new ports we hadn’t visited, specific duration, and to experience a newer/large Carnival ship. I traveled with my 3 kids (18,13,11), and with a total group of 17. We stayed in 6235 which is aft and near the liquid lounge and IMAX theater. Embarkation was super smooth and quicker than RC. We boarded earlier than our designated time and had zero issues. Felt like we just walked on-it was great! Our bags arrived pretty late but I would still check them again. Disembarkation took longer actually and was not as smooth. It seemed rushed but it still wasn’t bad. We carried our bags off and was glad with my choice when we walked off and saw a huge amount of people waiting for their bags. We felt the ship move more than expected and the music was very loud in our stateroom. We could tell what songs were playing. It was easy to get around the boat. I liked how we could go from front to back on almost every deck, except when I forgot that we had to cross through the casino to get to the limelight. That didn’t really make sense to me and I would prefer not to breathe in the smoke. Our room was setup so we had a king bed in the middle and two drop down twin bunks, one on each side. Nice to have all the beds but then we couldn’t move around the sides of any bed since the bunks hung over the sides and were too low to walk under. Dining options were exceptional. I liked having a lot of lunch options including different cuisines. Our group really liked the Guys burgers, and the deli sandwiches from the lido marketplace. Our MDR staff rocked. The was pretty good and some of it was outstanding. Loved Grand Turk, Curaçao, and Aruba. All had beautiful and easy to access beaches that weren’t too crowded. We were reluctant about La Romana so we stayed in port. However without kids and maybe more info I would freely explore outside the port. I enjoyed the trivia and games on ship and enjoyed the sports complex. We really loved the comedy shows. Been on ships where it was the same show repeated and only had one or two nights. There was comedy almost every night. All the comedians did adult shows and family shows and they were all mostly different. There was a total of 4 comedians where 2 were on the boat for the first half and 2 new ones the second half. We loved the service... although I wouldn’t label Carnival as classy or fancy, the friendliness puts them at top notch. It felt like they were supposed to tell us yes for whatever we asked, but it felt like they wanted to. Like they be really wanted us to have a good time. My only real complaint is that the lido deck was so loud during the day sometimes. The music made it so you couldn’t have a conversation. Would have liked to see bigger/more easily accessible pools. The 11 year olds on our group didn’t really like camp ocean, I think more pool space would help in this area. We would sail again but this cruise is definitely not for relaxing. We had a lot of fun.

So fun, could use a couple tweaks

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by MelissaBal

We loved the service...

Would have liked to see bigger/more easily accessible pools.

MelissaBal’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Interior
Cabin 4D
The bed configuration wasn’t great. With the bunks and ladders down you can’t get around the king bed. It leaves a 3 ft space to sit on the end of the king bed and then standing room between the vanity and the tv stand/desktop. We could hear EVERYTHING from the liquid lounge. It’s very loud.
We loved our room steward :)
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins