3. Carnival Magic
First of all let me say this was my 16th cruise on Carnival in the last 8 years. All but one of those has been awesome until this one. This was a first cruise for my grown daughter and three nieces. My daughter & I had a deluxe ocean view cabin. While the shower pressure was fine, the water in both basins had very little pressure and the drains were almost clogged shut. Our room steward was very attentive but the room itself could have been much cleaner. Many of the common areas of the ship are worn & need of repair/paint. The food in the buffet was fine and Guy's burger bar great as usual. The Blue Iguana Cantina is usually a favorite but this was terrible. The guy making burritos in the morning didn't know what he was doing. The condiment jars had not been refilled from the day before and some of the toppings looked like they had been left out uncovered. In the buffet, the water stations would only run a very slow stream so it took a long time just to fill a glass. At one point one of them quit entirely. When we arrived in Half Moon the crew was disorganized and for quite some time only were running one tender boat. Even though we were Platinum priority, we had to wait for several tenders before there was one with a ramp so that my daughter could use her knee scooter. The cruise director blamed the problem of only one tender gangplank on the "rough water" but there was no rough water. As always, the ports themselves were great! The production shows were very good and the performers better than average. Also enjoyed the comedy club. The Hub Chat feature that is supposed to allow us to communicate with others in our group did not work. An those in the group that purchased wifi said it was down more than it was working. Debarkation was a joke!! We were in port for over 2 hours before the baggage for the priority passengers was unloaded so we could disembark. As I said, we have cruised out of Port Everglades many times on other Carnival ships and never had these kinds of waits. While I have another Carnival cruise coming up, thank goodness it's not on the Magic. Won't be sailing on that ship any time soon.

Some good, some bad - needs improvement

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by KruzNut3

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View

KruzNut3’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin 6M
Room was well appointed. The slow water from faucet and extremely slow drain was a nuisance. Beds were comfortable and there was plenty of closet space.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins