3. Ovation of the Seas
Ovation of the Seas is truly a fantastic family ship. There are so many onboard venues for kids & adults alike that it's hard to find one place that stands out. I will summise the things I loved & didn't love. Didn't Love * The wait times - 5,000 passengers can cause some extensive wait times and the poor staff are run off their feet with Aussies at the bar. This 3-night cruise to nowhere is all about the party, so they were pooling staff from other areas to serve but they really did struggle with sometimes a 30 minute wait for service. * Menu choices in the main dining room - for 3 nights straight the chicken & steak dishes were EXACTLY THE SAME... Not slightly varied - it was the same thing 3 nights in a row. Meat & 3 veg. They mixed up the pasta, but I warily saw some people return theirs so I didn't feel like trying. * Dining times - At 4pm one day we decided to do a wine & cheese afternoon. We had the wine and headed to the buffet to put together our cheese plate only to be informed it was closed. We questioned other dining venues on the ship and were told the only place open was Fish & Chips, which really didn't appeal. We then found out their times 6pm-9pm... Not good enough, 5pm-10.30pm would be far more suitable. People were queuing not because they wanted first come first serve, but because they were being restricted on eating. Also, a $7.95USD charge on room service?? I just can't comprehend. Also in the main dining room the constant announcements every night was horrible. * Lifts - this was crazy busy & it was sad to see the queues and also lifts full of guests Did Love * Cabin - We cruise alot, often with Princess and my biggest gripe with their ships is the shower curtain so I loved that our balcony had a glass shower. The bathroom was also ample sized & I was pleased with the bedding and layout of the cabin. The balcony was small, but to be honest since we couldn't get some cheese to go with our wine for the sunset, we simply didn't use it. * Staff onboard - They might have been busy, but they were all really friendly & really sweet. You could see they were stressed but they just got on with the job. * Design of the ship - it really was amazing and beautiful. The artwork was colourful, the amount of activities was fantastic. The spa's were huge. Everything was just enjoyable.

Pleasant time onboard Ovation