3. Norwegian Sun
To begin, embarkation was fantastic. We were met at baggage claim (Orlando) and taken directly to the cruise terminal where we left our bags at the bus. When we walked into the terminal around 11:30 it was full. We checked in, our number to embark was called, and we were onboard within 30 minutes. Everyone was friendly and everything we paid for was accounted for. When we walked on the ship it looked and even smelled very clean. Our room was ready at 1:30. We stayed in a balcony on the 8th floor. It was plenty spacious for the two of us and was very clean and updated. We spent two days on Great Stirrup Cay. Both days we shared the island with another ship. We participated in the stingray and kayak excursions. Both were fantastic. I was a little bummed when I saw the stingrays were in a cage, but once we saw the nurse sharks swimming in and out and held our stingrays, those judgements faded. The guys working there love their jobs and the rays. The kayaks were also fantastic, probably more so. They took us around the island, to a ship wreck, two natural beaches not available to the public, and pointed out a lot of marine life. Excursions aside, this island is absolutely gorgeous. We spent our days at the beach farthest from the tenders. Hardly anyone else made their way down that far. You can also snorkel around the rocks and see thousands of fish! We had the Mahi Mahi sandwiches from the food truck and they were delicious. I will advise - around lunch time there is a long line for a drink, but otherwise, lines were average. Entertainment - the shows were good. The comedian was funny. However, the pianist and guitar God (Jason) that play at Windjammer make up for any shortcomings found anywhere else around the ship. Food - we ate at Seven Seas three nights and found the food to be quite good. Service was friendly and expedient if needed. We also ate at Le Bistro and Moderno, both were good, but nothing beat the steak at Le Bistro. My only qualms were with the ship layout and room steward. The layout was very choppy. Walking around or through restaurants to get somewhere got old but not annoying enough for me to be angry. Our room steward had a few miscommunications with us which were annoying but nothing I can’t chalk up to an English as a second language issue. Also, every single other employee on this boat was extremely friendly and accommodating. For disembarkation we chose the DIY option. We rolled our suitcases off the boat on our own and we were back through customs and back to reality in less than 20 minutes.

Norwegian Sun Full Review