3. Mariner of the Seas
My wife and I (both in our mid 50s) sailed out for three days following a week in West Palm to burn some vacation time before the end of the year. This was our 9th cruise with RC. We rented a car and drove to Port Canaveral, the port was easy to navigate and the Enterprise people shuttled us to the main door in just a few minutes. We arrived at 11:30 am and once past the scanners and in the terminal we were asked for our set sail passes and then ushered right onto the ship. No waiting at a counter, no lines, just happy faces from the staff. It couldn't possibly have been any faster or easier. The port was clean and well organized and there were RC employees strategically placed to keep the process moving. Because this was a three day cruise we chose an ocean view cabin on deck two, we normally like a balcony cabin on decks seven or eight. Our cabin was 2646 and was most of the way aft. At night there was a very low hum from the engines, I have to admit that it was just enough help me sleep. The cabin was clean and in excellent shape, it looked like new from carpet to curtains. I can't think of a negative thing to say about it. Our cabin attendant (I've unfortunately forgotten his name) was great and took care of everything. The ship itself looked like it was brand new, not a scuff mark, smudge or ding anywhere. I didn't get any pool time in but they were clean. I managed a little hot tub time and we watched a movie at the same time. The Windjammer was as good as you'd expect, we just ate breakfast there and maybe a few snacks. We've always enjoyed the main dining room for dinner and this was no exception. Our waiters treated us like family and had our favorite wines ready for us as soon as we arrived. I've always enjoyed the food from the main dining room and this time it was better then usual. The food was very well seasoned and the portions were perfect. I always sign us up for wines around the world and found this one to be more informative and with better wines then most. There were several large wedding parties on board and the lounges filled up pretty fast, but there was always a place to sit and the bartenders were excellent. We saw the adult comic one night and a Beatles cover band on another, both were very good if you like that sort of thing. The crew was helpful and friendly, even while being berated and insulted by some wedding guests that had apparently crawled out of a swamp in some back woods town. After disrupting multiple lounges, the windjammer and threatening to fight anyone that got in their way, they were approached by a group of five crew members in white jackets, escorted to their cabins and told to stay there until morning. It was nice to see the crew stand up for the passengers so we didn't have to get in trouble standing up for ourselves. Good job guys. We stopped at Nassau again and I didn't have much interest in getting off the ship but we decided to take a tour of the distilleries and a vineyard. The tour was worth the effort but the next time I may choose to enjoy the ship for the day instead. Coco Cay was a lot of fun even for adults without young children tagging along. The huge pool with the swim-up bar was a good time and the water park and water slides were great. Note: I recommend that you go on-line and reserve morning time on the big red water slide as it's reservation only until 2:00 pm. After that the line for me was 2 hours long. There are numerous places to stop for drinks (adult and kids) and the food was Windjammer quality, much better then on Labadee. At the time of this review there's only room for two ships to dock and that cuts down on crowds. I found shopping to be surprisingly reasonable and bought a hat that would have certainly sold for a lot more on other islands or even on board the ship. We chose to spend an extra day in Florida rather than fly straight home so we slept a little later and went for a good breakfast before grabbing our luggage. We literally walked out on deck and down the gangway without stopping, swiped out and headed for customs. To our surprise there was no customs, just a facial recognition camera and a smile from the person running it. This cruise was the shortest we've ever done but has quickly became one of my favorites. Royal Caribbean does a great job and I'd sail the Mariner again anytime.

Terrific ship, great cruise

Moodussnare’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 2N
The cabin was perfect, there's nothing negative I can say about it. It was clean and ready for us when we arrived. I noticed a very slight hum from the engines but nothing that was audible. It made sleeping a little easier for me.
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins