• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Anthem of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
6 Awards

My cabin was infested with bed bugs

Review for Anthem of the Seas to the Bahamas
RiverOceanSea
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin: Ocean View Balcony
Traveled with children

I just want to warn anyone traveling on Anthem of the Seas, please learn how to look for bed bugs before you suffer the stress of being exposed to them. I am in constant fear that my home will be impacted. I experienced the horror of finding bed bugs crawling on the sheet of my bed. I killed one and scooped up another and took it to guest services in a plastic bag. We were exposed for days and it is absolutely unacceptable!

We were moved to another cabin and our clothes were washed. I have reached out to Royal Caribbean to find out how my luggage was treated but they have not responded. My luggage is outside and will remain there until I decontaminate it myself or dispose of it.

In addition to the bed bugs, the cabin sink drain and shower drain were full of mold. It makes me wonder if any cleaning took place at all.

Ocean View Balcony

Bed Bugs!

The cabin was on the small side for four people but it would have been okay if it hadn't been infested with bed bugs. We did not get to use the balcony as much as we had hoped to. There was barely enough room to move when the sofabed was pulled out. Lighting was good and the tv was fine.

Port Reviews

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

It was nice to see the space center but you need significant time to see a lot of it.We took a tour based on the space shuttle and we enjoyed that.

Perfect Day at CocoCay

It was crowded in CoCo Cay as two ships were in port. We had trouble finding lounge chairs. Food was okay there.

Nassau

We went to Atlantis on our own. They had run out of lockers there so someone had to stay and watch all the stuff. The kids enjoyed the waterpark but it was very expensive. Lunch was also very expensive and the soft drink dispenser was full of bees.

13 Helpful Votes