3. Norwegian Getaway
Liked the Transatlantic with lots of ports, as well as the opportunity to end up in New Orleans. But, day after day, we were disappointed. When we finally had a sunny day, I was shocked to see deck loungers butted up side to side with no place to put a drink or book, and the only way on was to crawl up the chair from the end. I was served cold eggs in the dining room, observed supervisor berating busy servers instead of assisting in any way, waiters never knew who ordered what, saw my unused butter knife returned to the clean silverware when removed from the table before dessert instead of going in with the rest of my soiled cutlery, experienced for men Spam like “ham” in the buffet, and otherwise was unimpressed with food service. The Noodle Bar is totally not worth a visit. Much has been written about our terrible tender experience at Great Stirrup Cay as well as the inexcusable treatment at the Miami terminal and I can only say my personal experience was at least as bad as what others have described. Yes we ran out of cream, milk, lettuce, fruit, iced tea and I am not sure what could have been done. The coffee was bad everywhere, and we never had half and half until I think they got some in Bermuda. There was always just milk in a pitcher or little creamers not to my taste. I missed the Lavazza they used to serve. They replayed Aquaman over and over on the TV as well as showed it in the theater. More activities and shows were needed for a cruise of this length. Cabin steward did a great job. Had a spa package, but rough seas meant several sea days the thermal suite was not available except for sauna, heated lounger, and other areas that did not utilize the pools. I asked if there was going to be a price adjustment, but never received an answer despite leaving my cabin number as they requested. Manager called, but did not leave an answer. I called the spa back, but did not get to speak to anyone, and no one called again. Platinum on NCL, but done with them, unfortunately. Going to try Celebrity.

Disappointing

BillysJean’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB
Adequate. Good steward. Nice to have the sofa for seating. Not many choices on the TV.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins