3. Carnival Paradise
I traveled with my husband on this cruise to celebrate a birthday. We had a porthole cabin which accommodated two, at the most. Upgrades to the Paradise with the 2018 refurbishing now includes an in-drawer hairdryer with an approximate 2' cord, so if you are tall, you might want to consider bringing your own. Also, they have in room "coolers" that don't get cold enough to be called refrigerators. So, that might be a concern for medical/baby formula requirements. The Carnival Paradise was in good shape, freshly painted, recovered public room seating, and we think the food was better than our trip on the same ship in 2016. The one thing we had to laugh about was on our last trip, they had an Atrium glass elevator that wasn't working. Well, it's still not working, but, it has a professionally-made sign on it now stating that it is "Out of Order". I guess that's easier than fixing it. Our cabin on Empress Deck, E2, smelled like there had been years of smokers in there. I wondered if maybe it had been used as a breakroom for the crew at one time as we did notice that there was a current breakroom between our cabin and the Starboard side, and at times they were noisy. I did like the configuration of our cabin, though. As you enter the cabin, you immediately turned left, so all that you could see from the passageway, (hall), with the door open, was a wall. Music was limited to a folk/rock guitarist, a Latin music band, a pop band, and our favorite, (when it was open), the piano bar. We had requested a table for two shortly after we boarded and were able to get that. Our frige quit working and it was promptly replaced with another one that didn't work. We selected from the steakhouse menu in the regular dining room which was an additional $20 per person charge. My husband received the wrong steak, and it was okay. My steak and lobster choice was very good. We were 2 1/2 hours late leaving Cozumel because of unknown mechanical problems. I also left my hand-crocheted shawl somewhere and it was turned in to Guest Services. I think that speaks well of Carnival cruisers. I have to say here that Carnival can't be beat for their personnel taking a sincere interest in making your cruise great. We were approached by our waiter ashore in Cozumel who greeted us by name. I have to say that disembarkation/embarkation was the smoothest I have ever experienced, including when we have had Faster To The Fun. FTTF was up to $79 for this 5-day trip and was sold out when I looked in to it. Parking at the Tampa Port had no waiting line when we arrived. We had to prepay our parking fee for the 5 days which was $75. We figured out total drink bill after the cruise and we were glad that we bought the "Cheers!" drink package as we saved a significant amount compared to the per drink charge. We did not get off the ship this time in Grand Cayman as we have been there many times. We usually snorkel there and Cozumel as well, but hubby is recovering from an injury which prevented us from attempting that activity on this cruise. We are going back on the Paradise again in April and look forward to seeing that beautiful, clear blue water again, up close.

We Had To Laugh!

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by excarrier

excarrier’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Interior
Cabin 4I
Read review for details of our "Interior cabin with two portholes" I'm not sure of the cabin category and randomly choose one.
Grand Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins