3. Norwegian Breakaway
Have sailed with NCL before liked it but have been on many cruises with other cruise lines. After this cruise very disappointed with NCL's ability to handle unforseen situations!Due to the fact that Hurrican Dorian was to land in Miami the port of Miami closed even though the hurricane did not touch. I know this is not the fault of NCL, however the following is.: August 30-last Port Day Cozumel-we were told prior to leaving the ship in the morning that we would be staying in Cozumel until Sunday Sept 1 and that we were to be back on board by 4:30 am because we were changing cruise ports in Cozumel-meaning we could stay out much longer than originally anticipated. They also said that if we wanted to get off the ship in Cozumel we would receive a 25% cruise credit. The plan was that the ship would now be back in Miami Sept 4 as opposed to Sept 1. So we are out that day and not at all rushing when all of a sudden the merchants are asking if we are on the cruise and if so we must return because the ship is leaving! Are you kidding me!! So we rush back to the ship. We are told to change our airline reservations as we will now be docking in Miami on Sept 4. So many people waited in line (approx 3 hour line up to use 4 available phones) to change their reservations. I saw many people break down crying and nobody from NCL would assist them. In fact I asked someone from NCL to assist these people who were having crying spells. Some people did not have the funds to cover the additional costs. It was absolute chaos! August 31-we were told we needed a new key card and waited in line over 2 hours to get a new key card. Line up after Line up-this is not a vacation! Then we are told we are going to disembark fro New Orleans and to change our flight yet again. So we go down to guest services area where we were in line up for over 3 hours to use 1 of 4 phones to change reservations. People coughing all over the phones etc-no wonder so many people got sick!!! Again, several breakdowns and crying and nobody from NCL in sight to help-they were still trying to sell Cruise Next Certificates-are you kidding me-do you think most were considering their next cruise!!! What did NCL give us? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!they offered to pay up to $300 for changing flights-no hotel-no cab fare-we changed flights twice this was unbelievable and no onboard credit. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I called when I returned home they didnt care-attitude was indignant. By the way what I heard for the reason to not stay in Cozumel from Friday until Sunday was because they'd lose money in the Casino and shops because they can't be open when in port. However, the passengers would have been able to get on and off and breathe and perhaps arrange to fly home from Cozumel. I understand that NCL can't control a hurricane however they can control all the times they gave us different info and all the times people were upset and in line ups. It was disgraceful the way it was handled. If this had not happened I would have had this to say-I was an the Getaway 3 yrs ago and loved everything about it. These are my observations. -Food is so salty we couldn't eat it and asked several times. Ordered a Strip Loin steak and salt content was so high I had one bite. I managed to live on the salad bar. -Drink Package is the most expensive of any cruise line $99 per day and does not include bottled water or coffees. Other cruise lines are $49.99 per day and include bottled water and coffees. -Water-To me this is a HUGE HEALTH issue. They had fresh water set up that you could fill a Cup with. They had a sign to not please fill up personal water jugs, but you know people either don't read, or don't care. There were tons of people filling up personal water jugs!!!!! HEALTH ISSUE at the max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NCL then stop giving away the packages-people think they are getting for free but if you look at similar cruise on another cruise line without "FREE" drink pkg you will find the other cruise lines rooms are less expensive and when you add in the cost of their ALL INCLUSIVE drink package they work out similar. H20-Worst place ever-Windy and loud and yes lots of room. It can hold hundreds ad the bar can hold 2 or 3 bartenders. Stop having parties there. It is terrible! Cabins are much smaller on NCL than other cruise lines

Hurricane Cruise with No help from NCL

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Cruisemama902

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window

When I called when I returned home they didnt care-attitude was indignant.

Cabins are much smaller on NCL than other cruise lines
Cruisemama902’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Family Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window
Cabin O1
Cabin was small but it was fine and kept clean, I do not spend much time in my cabin
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins