3. Norwegian Gem
Our family of 4 loved making memories together on this 15 day cruise out of Boston. The ship is the perfect size, in my opinion. The ship could use a few cosmetic updates, most notably some signs that had paint chipping off, etc. - but was in great condition overall. Our stateroom was kept very clean, and although we encountered a few issues (clogged drain with some leaking, broken light fixture, etc.) they were resolved pretty quickly. I would say about 75% of the crew was outstanding on this cruise - friendly, personable, and at least from outward appearances seem to enjoy their job. We did have a handful of crew members who were not the friendliest or who kind of came off rough around the edges, including a few at the guest service desk. That said, we found the overall crew and service to be great. Activities staff was enthusiastic and funny, and all activities we participated in were fun. My kids (aged 13 and 12) enjoyed themselves but were a bit bored by the end of the cruise. Not many other kids on this sailing since it was a long one during the school year, and many of the activities were geared toward older cruisers for obvious reasons. We had good experiences in all the ports, and made lots of memories. Dining was pretty good overall, especial the specialty dining. Buffet lacked some variety but otherwise we were pleased with everything. Drinks were made stronger than I ever remember from previous cruises, but tasty nonetheless. Entertainment was pretty good overall, with the guitarist/singer LM Cancio being the best in our opinion. Very talented young man. Would definitely take this trip again, although my kids would prefer a larger ship with more bells and whistles.

Excellent trip!

Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Family Balcony
Cabin B2
Great cabin in a perfect location.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins