3. Norwegian Breakaway
I go on a cruise once a year - to relax and enjoy excellent views, amenities and service - in short - to be pampered. I'm willing to pay for that luxury and do so willingly. What I don't do is pay good money to stand in lines for 20 minutes to get a beverage, to have waiters totally ignore 90% of the people on the decks and to have bartenders be rude. Embarkation started out good - I'm Platinum level with their rewards program so check in was a breeze. The attendant at the entrance of the ship was another story - very rude - we were told at check in to go directly on board and where to go to do that. The attendant kept trying to send us back to check in for another card showing Platinum level even though it was clearly stated on the key card. Don't get me wrong - the Breakaway is a beautiful ship. The restaurants are fantastic, food selection excellent, waiters in the restaurants, all of them, are some of the best I've ever seen - positively no issues there. The Garden Buffet had an excellent variety of food, well prepared and seating was ample in spite of the number of people on board. The entertainment, although not bad, is not what it was on NCL lines even 5 years ago. I've seen the Blue Man Group and other similar acts on these ships in the past but not anymore - and this is also one of the things I've so very much looked forward to all year. For the first time in 11 years, I'm seriously considering changing cruise lines.

Unless you are ready to stand in line to get any type beverage - stay home

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by mfsakeller

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window

mfsakeller’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window
Cabin OB
Cabin was fine - roomy for a ship's cabin and very clean.
Steward was friendly and kept the room clean but did not always provide ice as we requested.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins