3. Crown Princess
As an avid Princess cruiser, many of the Caribbean routes are now simply relaxation for us on a floating resort. This was our 18th cruise and 5th aboard Crown who has hosted us on prior Caribbean and Alaskan adventures. This was also our first Medallion Class cruise. The Medallion is a game changer in my opinion. As a small business owner, it unfortunately remains necessary to stay connected to email even when on holiday. Cruising is our main vacation choice and staying wired has always been a challenge and a worry-point given the prior wifi and Internet experiences at sea. Those worries disappeared with MedallionNet! Purchased a pre-boarding deal for unlimited access on this cruise and it was as advertised. Logged in the afternoon we boarded on my iPhone and stayed connected throughout the cruise with no issues. The Internet for email, browsing and Facebook was similar to land-based experience including streaming at least short video which was previously almost impossible. The various apps that Princess has added such as Compass, Concierge and the general Medallion Class app also added some nice-to-have features. Having room service food or drink find you on board is neat, although I'm still on the fence a bit when walking into a shop on board and seeing your face pop up on the sales desk tablets that you are in store. Welcome to a hint of the future on land I'm sure. The only concern I have is around the security and privacy with the Compass portion of the Medallion system at public kiosks on board. You should not be able to obtain the cabin number from these public kiosk without some sort of PIN. While I get minimizing barriers to encourage easy use, this is too lax. Stepping away from technology, the ship generally is in good shape and the Grand Class is one of my favourites that Princess offers. The Sanctuary is one of our prime treats and now replaces many of the shore excursions we've done when in familiar ports. Vacation for us with the exception of new ports or destinations is about relaxing and chilling under the sun in the Sanctuary with a good book fits that bill. Staff I found was warm and welcoming. Our room steward was attentive and friendly as were the Sanctuary stewards too. Dining options were decent between the MDR and Horizon Court (Buffet) which we generally utilize as our preference for selection and that we prefer not to get dressed up even in business casual on our holiday and we are happy with that choice. Embarkation was smooth as was disembarkation. In fact, I think this was probably one of the quickest off-the-ship turns I've experienced in the past decade. We used a Princess transfer to FLL and met at the Michael Angelo dining room at 7:50 and were clear of customs and on the bus by 8:40. As in-transit passengers back to Canada, CBP essentially waved us through with a quick passport check. Fort Lauderdale and Port Everglades remain a favourite cruise port and we always fly in a day in advance partially for stress management (nice to wake up in Florida and jump on the hotel shuttle and be at the port early). We have a few haunts we hit the day before for some on-board treats and dinner is always at the Moonlight Diner (3500 Oakwood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33020) which makes great home-style food and milkshakes to die for. We always enjoy our first night at the Springhill Suites by Marriott for a nice clean hotel, well situated to dining and shopping and includes transit from airport and to the cruise port in the morning. Full breakfast buffet is provided (continental and hot food). Already pondering our next Princess vacation. Not to be cheesy and spin advertising tag lines, however, I have yet to disembark from a Princess Cruise and not "come back new".

First MedallionNet Cruise

kinzobot’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA
Cabin was a standard balcony room aboard any of the Grand class ships. It was clean and in good shape. The safe did have the knob broken off and a velcro strip served the purpose of being able to grab the door - but it worked and not worrying about that small detail.

The mattress is the Princess Mattress and these are amazing to sleep on and have enjoyed them before. This one did have a dip on one side so there may be some mattress wear starting to show up as these have been in circulation a few years now I do believe.

Room Steward was warm and friendly and addressed all our needs well. The new Medallion entry system is very good when you are approaching with a load of laundry or some pizza snacks to not have to fish out and insert the cruise card into the door. The next progression could be a lock release so the door is actually ajar that would be pretty neat so you could nudge it with a foot.

Overall no complaints about the room or the balcony. No obstructions to the view and the balcony can't be seen by those above you (unlike decks below which you look down into).
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins