Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by hiddenpaw

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

It wasn’t all bad, but I won’t cruise with Norwegian again. I much preferred my Royal Caribbean experience.

Some of the staff were quite rude, and not just once. Most were quite friendly and some of the bartenders were even great. But a couple of bartenders in the atrium bar were repeatedly rude to patrons. I blame this more on them being understaffed. Which brings me to my next point...

Several of the bars didn’t open til 5. The “bar city” with the whiskey/cocktail/champagne bar, and Spinnakers at least, and I think the sake bar, didn’t open til 5 and closed at midnight. On a cruise I’m usually game to have a cocktail at about 3, and definitely wanted a drink when I first got on the ship, but each day found myself waiting for the bars to open.

The champagne bar didn’t have champagne. They had one kind of sparkling wine, it was a Prosecco that I didn’t think was that good. I was particularly excited to try different types of champagnes and sparkling wines by the glass but definitely did not get that. I wanted to stop there first when I got on the ship but, again, they don’t open til 5.

The food in the restaurants was mediocre. It was well-cooked and well-seasoned but it was just boring, and service was slow. In the Summer Palace main dining room, which wasn’t full, we waited 45 minutes for our food to come.

The shows were entertaining; I enjoyed the comedian and the Michael Jackson impersonator. But the NCL website and app, which I used to see the schedule of events, did not specify that some of the events like the wine tasting were an extra fee and required reservations.

The disembarkation was a nightmare. In addition to a slow check out line, they inexplicably stopped people who were owed a balance in their guest account and refunding them in cash. But they didn’t know they had to to this so they had to call out a whole finance team and set up the process... instead of just refunding it to my card I had on file. While I waited outside in the hot sun.

hiddenpaw's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

The cabin was quite nice, comparable to the same class I had on Royal Caribbean. Clean and neat.

hiddenpaw