3. Celebrity Summit
We're Elite on Celebrity, but were a little disenchanted on this last cruise. I would say embarcation with the express pass was great, disembarcation easy also. We always carry our stuff off, and although directions were not consistent that morning, it was pretty easy. We sprung for Aqua class and totally enjoyed eating in Blu. Excellent staff, excellent food. So why are we disenchanted? So many small things that add up. The only 2 places to get a decent cocktail were the Rendezvous Lounge and the martini bar., We had the premium bev. package, not much by-the-glass selection. Had to go to Guest Services to have it corrected on our cards which read classic pkg. Had to go to guest services to get credit for 4 dinners at Quisine which was closed for the first 4 nights. We had booked prior with the discount. Got a call before we left that Quisine would be closed to install LPC software. The return of the OBC should have been automatic. Then we got a call that it would be open the last 2 nights, so did get to enjoy it one last time. New color palette was very pretty, stateroom looked quite refreshed. We thought we'd miss the cocktail table, but really didn't, although we did not order from room service. Our stateroom, 9101, was very convenient, but you DO get quite a bit of noise from the pool deck, One thing I did miss that I don't think anyone commented on, the sheer curtain is gone. Also from one side of the bed you must get out to turn the light next to the bed off. The nightstands are not "nailed" in and easily moved. When packing to go home, if I hadn't looked behind it I would have forgotten some items that had fallen thru the open shelves. Very pleased with the amount of storage. Another annoyance was the round shower head that either pushed the water toward the wall or the glass door, couldn't make the water flow downward. Did not have any trouble with the safe, it opened fine. Some have commented they had to pry the door open. Shows were as expected, nothing really stands out..

Maybe last time w/Celebrity

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by bz

Shows were as expected, nothing really stands out..
bz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Aqua Class
Cabin A1
Very pretty, plenty of storage, but quite a bit of noise from above, chairs moving, DJ music.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Historic House
    Trip to Nevis, excellent guide (Lester, aka Smoothie). Don't usually take ship's tours, but this was great.
    View All 45 Historic House Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Spencer Ambrose, Sea & Beach, snorkeling between the Pitons was wonderful. Highly recommend.
    View All 54 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Beach
    Secret Harbor, lovely beach, not large, but very clean. Dive shop rents chairs & umbrellas, but you have to carry them yourself. I think next time it's Sapphire Beach for us.