3. Carnival Valor
We went on this cruise with a group, which we did not book. This was my first cruise and a five day cruise was a good way to see if I liked it. I will give the pros and cons of the ship. Pros: good food (not the buffet), fun atmosphere, entertainment is good, enough space for everyone, clean and comfortable rooms, the stateroom steward and staff were awesome, efficient in getting everyone on and off the ship. The cons: ship is badly outdated, the best food available is extra charge, you will be nicked and dimed on everything, elevators were very slow (we mostly walked all over the ship), there are much needed repairs to parts of the ship that are cracking or peeling. With that being said, this trip made my husband fall in love with cruising and we can't wait to book our next cruise!! Definitely will try another carnival ship.

Great First Cruise

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by cruisingcouple83

cruisingcouple83’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Valor price drops

The Valor was a bit outdated, but the staff made up for it. The pizza was amazing as was scarlett's steakhouse. The french onion soup is a must try!!! The cabin was nice and the beds were comphy. It was a great first cruise.