3. Norwegian Jade
We had a college graduation on Saturday and because we are from up north we like to get down to FL a day before Incase I’d bad weather. Therefore we were looking for a 7 day cruise leaving on a Monday, almost impossible. We’ve cruised with NCL a few times since the early 2000s, most recently on the Breakaway. We’ve seen a decline in service/quality each time we sail but this was by far the worst (especially after sailing on Royal) Embarkation/debarkation: not bad, got to PoM around 11, checkin was easy and fast. We had to wait for an hour till we could board, so I believe once our group was called we made it on by 12. Getting off the ship was easy too, our flight wasn’t till much later so we didn’t really feel the need to rush off or have any want to. Room: we had two balcony cabins, one on deck 9 the other on 10. Location was good, and it was easy to get to the pool deck and other areas quickly. We had 3 adults in one and 2 in the other. By size, the room shouldn’t of been any smaller than others but it felt soooooo small. We had no room to take our clothes out, or store them anywhere. We all partially lived out of our suite cases the entire week. Again, after sailing on Royal a few times I got used to their gigantic balcony rooms. But this isn’t a huge deal, I’m not on a cruise to be in a stateroom. Entertainment: the CD (sorry i forget his name) of this cruise worked really hard to make sure there was ample entertainment going on each day/night. Many nights there was too much to do and we couldn’t decide which to pick. The only thing that stinks is seating is pretty limited at venues and you need to show up 20-30 minutes before each event to get a good seat. Show up 5 minutes before you won’t get a seat at all. Food: the buffet each day was very good, and don’t have any complaints there. My problem with the food on this ship was in the main dining rooms. As I previously mentioned I’ve sailed with NCL many times and each time it seems like they take away something or knock down food service a notch. Well this time it felt closer to 2 notches. All the food was tempid in temperature, but never hot. The menu selection was pretty small and pretty bland. Their steaks were extremely thin (and I like mine pretty rare). No lobster night anymore. They also took away the chocolate buffet at night, which is something I always looked forward to. Drinks: I’m so sick of their ultimate beverage package. It’s a nice perk, but you end up paying for it with their service gratuity. It takes forever to get a drink at each bar, and the bartenders are so over worked that their service is lacking. Towards the end of the day I felt like I was bothering them for another drink. I’d much rather pay another $100 to “buy it” and not have long terrible lines at each bar.

A lot to learn from others

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by tylerz48