Viking Orion Cruise Review

Ship was great, staff was great, but excursions poor

Viking Orion Cruise Review by Southbassboy

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: Asia

We went on this cruise because of the itinerary. Had not been to Hong Kong or Japan. We booked this cruise onboard our last ocean cruise over a year ago. We picked the stateroom we wanted (midships). Little did we know that choosing a lower level cabin we would not have all the rights of people who booked higher levels. For example when it came my turn to book the bullet train it was sold out. When it came my turn to book dining the days and times were all sold out. This made me feel like a third class citizen. Just because we chose the area of the ship we were penalized and had to wait for the rich and famous to book their tours and dinner.

Now you might think this is sour grapes, but this is my second ocean cruise and have sailed 4 times on the river with Viking.

Now for some positive things about the cruise. The staff was very friendly and really made our cruise. The ship is beautiful with less than 1000 passengers.

All and all I probably will not g on another Viking ocean cruise. The included shore excursions are really pretty bad.

Southbassboy's Full Rating Summary