3. Adventure of the Seas
Even a mediocre cruise is great when compared to being at work, that said we have had better times the last two summers on NCL. Overall we had a good time, but I dont think anything stood out as much better than NCL. Unfortunately a few areas did seem noticeably worse. Room steward did his job, but there was almost no engagement. He didnt even say hello until the second day. On NCL we were constantly greeted, and from the very first moment asked our preferences or requests. Much preferred the buffet on NCL to RCCL, but I would give a slight nod to RCCL on the main dining room food..especially of course lobster night. Johnny Rockets was a total waste of time and money... I actually requested a refund. Food was OK, but waiter was rude. We took my son there to experience the singing and dancing and the waiter laughed at us when I asked about it...then ignored us. There was also a "Frozen Yogurt" machine.... Ingreidients: water,corn syrup, hydrogenated palm oil, non fat milk solids... Not yogurt, not even close. Activities on board were good for kids. We missed the ropes courses from NCL, but they had the Flow Rider, and the ice skating rink. Ice skating was a really nice feature althought the sign up process is unnecessarily painful. Shows were just plain horrid. I commented to my wife how weird it was that the graphics were so bad on the screens during the show. A guy standing by us said that he was on the ship 15 years earlier and it was because it was the SAME EXACT SHOW... nothing was updated. Finally, the worst part of the experience for me was the kids club. It was nowhere near as nice as NCL. It functioned more like a baby sitting area, than a club that kids would want to go to. At least during the evening hours, staff-kid ratio was really bad. I felt bad for the girl working, and for the kids. All said and done, if I ever sail RCCL again it would likely be for the opportunity to go back to CoCo Cay. Coco Cay was exceptional and really lived up to the hype. Next time I just wouldnt pay the price for the water park. I literally spent less to get a season pass at the local six flags when we got back home.

Underwhelming experience

Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 1N
Room was fine. Really liked the location right by the steps.
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins