Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review
2,184 Reviews

Equinox Cruise 11/2/19-11/9/19 Great live music!

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by Aqua water

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: AquaClass 1

We are frequent cruisers as we live in Florida. We are Elite on Celebrity, but have cruised on Disney, Royal Caribbean, and Princess. We choose the ship and room location by cost and ports. If we are going to a cold climate, we do not book a balcony. We like Aqua class due to the location by the fitness center,Blu dining room, and Persian Garden.

We enjoy the live music on board and attend most shows and after dinner live music. The orchestra and entertainment on this cruise was some of the best we have experienced on a cruise. Wonderful and talented musicians and guest artists. It was a treat!

The fitness center was open 24 hours and we appreciated going when it was early. It was clean and the equipment was working.

We had a beverage package but only drank wine with dinner. The sommelier matched the wine to my meal and it was very good. I also enjoyed having herbal ice tea and diet coke during the day. The service was excellent and the Blu atmosphere is very nice. The food was very good to excellent. We also went to Sushi and the ocean view café. The sushi was fresh and very good. The ocean view café was fine for breakfast or lunch but we also went to Blu for breakfast depending on our schedule. The biggest problem in the buffet is that other cruisers do not always use their party manners.

The ports we enjoyed were Key West and Grand Cayman. We got off at each port and walked but did not snorkel or go to the beach this trip. The tenders were safe and the staff made sure people had assistance boarding the smaller boats.

We received on board non refundable dollars so my husband went on the ships tour. It was 99.00 and he said it was interesting and well done. Lots of steep steps.

The spa was clean and the Persian Garden was kept full of clean towels. Some cruisers do not know to put a towel down on the lounger before laying down. Robes were available at the desk and spa slippers.

I attended music trivia for fun. I am not a shopper but did look at the stores. I do not gamble so I can not comment on the casino. We went to a movie one day and enjoyed the matinee live shows.

This was an excellent cruise and the staff was really great.

Suggestions would include leaving a pen in the room to go with the note pad and a bag for dirty laundry. I took a pen and laundry wet bag but it would be nice to have if you forgot. I am not a fan of the shampoo, conditioner, and liquid soap so I brought my own.

We will cruise again and would recommend the Equinox. Having the sky lounge at the front of the ship matters to us.

Aqua water's Full Rating Summary

AquaClass 1

Close to front and fitness center. We like to view docking from the balcony.

Aqua water