MSC Preziosa Cruise Review

MSC Surprisingly Good. Preziosa is gorgeous!

MSC Preziosa Cruise Review by donutman1234

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

I chose this cruise for a quick getaway and was extremely impressed overall with this ship. The ship is beautiful in all areas and extremely well maintained (take note other cruise lines!) The atrium, bars, the whole interior mare beautifully decorated. I struggled to find an area that wasn’t adorned with Swarovski crystals or bling of some kind. The most elegant ship I’ve been on.

My balcony cabin seemed more spacious compared to other cruise lines and the balcony itself was a generous size too. The furniture is starting to look a little tired but nothing major. My cabin steward was very efficient and greeted me on arrival and brought me extra pillows when I asked.

Dining is where MSC lose a point. While the food was perfectly edible it wasn’t particularly interesting. Pizza every day in the buffet (the best pizza at sea by the way) but the other hot options were often bland and lacked variety. As a solo cruiser I shared a large table with a few other people which was a nice way to make friends. However the food itself was disappointing - tiny portions and often very bland and the dessert menu was very small, only two or three options.

entertainment was mixed. bingo was appreciated but the other shows were average. I enjoy classical music but it does get repetitive after hearing it every single day of the cruise. Twee singers and dancers were very talented but it would be nice to have had some more variety entertainment-wise.

The service overall was excellent. Even as a solo traveller I didn’t feel left out and the barman even knew my favourite drink after a couple of days - that’s excellent service. The customer service staff were abrupt but dealt with my enquiry and got it resolved so I can’t complain really.

Overall this was a very good cruise. I had heard mixed things about MSC especially regarding the food but overall I had a great time and look forward to cruising with them again next year.

donutman1234's Full Rating Summary