• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

MSC Seaside Review

Editor Rating
3 Awards

Halloween cruise on MSC Seaside!

Review for MSC Seaside to the Eastern Caribbean
Stockjock
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin: Bella Balcony Stateroom
Chilling and having a cocktail.

To begin, I have a love hate relationship with MSC. If you wish to find more details, you can search MSC Comedy of Errors on cruise critic's MSC forum for more information. I'll detail a few of them before I get into the meat of the review:

1. Booked a 4 night cruise out of Barcelona. We had sailed on Divina out of Rome 2 years prior. MSC changed the itinerary to a much longer cruise out of Brazil, but never informed us in any way about the change. No letter, no e-mail, no text, no phone call. When I finally found out, I called MSC, asked about losing status since the change was their fault and not mine. They told me I wouldn't lose status and then took away all of my Voyager's Club points.

2. Booked this cruise on Seaside. Package showed to be free drinks, but for some reason my sailing only included drinks at dinner. Later, better promotion including drinks anytime appeared. Was told I could change to the new promotion and keep the same nice midship balcony cabin. Moved to the new promo and they moved the cabin to a far less desirable room, very front of the ship, so less desirable location, apparently smaller, with a steel balcony (rather than the usual glass), and obviously it's hard to see through steel. Took months and an Act of God to get the problem fixed. Again, you can search through the rest of post as noted, but MSC's customer service has been hit and miss, with more miss than hit.

Bella Balcony Stateroom

As mentioned, it was clean but on the small side. No cabin service for 2 our of 7 days. Body wash not replaced for 3 days. For the first 2 days, they apparently used shampoo for body wash and diluted it about 75% with water so it was the consistency of water. Most cabin stewards only had shampoo or body wash, not both (I looked at their carts). Some stains on upholstery but not too bad. Lots of noise from upstairs buffet during the day. Closet too small, could use more storage.

Port Reviews